According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Behenyl Alcohol Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global behenyl alcohol market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 3.62% by 2022-2027. Behenyl alcohol, or docosanol, is a synthetic or plant-derived thickening agent and emulsifier that is used in cosmetics. It is a saturated fatty alcohol with a white, waxy solid in appearance and is represented by the formula C22H46O. It can be widely used in anhydrous formulations, such as body butter, ointments, and scrubs. It is traditionally used as an emulsifier, emollient, and thickener in nutritional supplements. It is also effective in reducing cold sores caused by the herpes simplex virus. Behenyl alcohol, with a purity level of approximately 70%, is used widely for numerous applications in diverse sectors.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Behenyl Alcohol Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the increasing product application in the pharmaceutical and organic cosmetics industries. In line with this, the rising demand for anti-ageing products is significantly contributing to the global market growth. Furthermore, the abundance of low-cost raw materials and labor and increased demand for organic cosmetics are creating a positive outlook for the market. Apart from this, the growing market penetration by major manufacturers of behenyl alcohol in underdeveloped markets is positively influencing the market. Moreover, the escalating demand for sunscreen lotions and other sun care products among the masses is catalyzing the product demand. Besides, the increasing focus on appearance and personal hygiene is driving the need for personal care products, which, in turn, is favoring the growth of the behenyl alcohol market. Additionally, new product launches based on plant-based ingredients are offering numerous opportunities for market expansion.
- On the basis of the purity level, the market has been segmented into purity 70% to 80%, purity 80% to 90%, purity over 90%, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been categorized into emollients, emulsifiers, thickeners, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been classified into cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, nutritional supplements, and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include BASF SE, Godrej Industries, Jarchem Industries Inc., Kao Corporation, Kokyu Alcohol Kogyo Co.Ltd., Koster Keunen, New Japan Chemical Co. Ltd., Nikko Chemicals Co. Ltd., Nippon Surfactant Industries Co.Ltd., NOF Corporation, Sisco Research Laboratories Pvt. Ltd. and VVF Chemicals Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800