The latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Bioabsorbable Stents Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028," finds that the global bioabsorbable stents market size reached US$ 379.1 Million in 2022. Bioabsorbable stents (BRS) are advanced medical tools coated with an antiproliferative drug or gene that dissolves to restore vessel patency. It regulates the blood flow at branch points and limits the amount of blood to areas of the vascular network while also maintaining the flow. In addition, it reduces vessel irritation and inflammation, improves lesion imaging with cardiac computed tomography (CT), and facilitates repeat treatments to the same site. As a result, BRS is widely utilized in hospitals and cardiac centers across the globe.
Global Bioabsorbable Stents Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing prevalence of cardiovascular diseases caused by physical inactivity and excessive tobacco and alcohol consumption. In addition, the increasing preference for minimally invasive (MI) procedures, as they offer less postoperative pain, fewer complications, shortened hospital stay, and faster recovery times, is contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, the leading market players are conducting research and development (R&D) activities to introduce SLENDER integrated delivery system (IDS), fixed-wire, and DIRECT RX bioabsorbable rapid-exchange drug-eluting stent (DES) systems to treat coronary artery disease. This, coupled with the increasing utilization of percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) procedures for opening a blocked artery and carrying oxygen-rich blood through the body, is creating a positive market outlook across the globe. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 620.2 Million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 8% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the biomaterial, the market has been classified into polymer-based and metal-based bioabsorbable stents.
- On the basis of the absorption rate, the market has been bifurcated into slow and fast-absorption stents.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into coronary and peripheral artery disease.
- On the basis of end user, the market has been segregated into hospitals and cardiac centers.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, Arterius Limited, B. Braun SE, Biotronik SE & Co. KG, Boston Scientific Corporation, Elixir Medical Corporation, Kyoto Medical Planning Co. Ltd., Lepu Medical Technology (Beijing) Co. Ltd., Meril Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd., Reva Medical LLC and Terumo Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Biomaterial, Absorption Rate, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Abbott Laboratories, Arterius Limited, B. Braun SE, Biotronik SE & Co. KG, Boston Scientific Corporation, Elixir Medical Corporation, Kyoto Medical Planning Co. Ltd., Lepu Medical Technology (Beijing) Co. Ltd., Meril Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd., Reva Medical LLC and Terumo Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800