According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled " Bioburden Testing Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global bioburden testing market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Bioburden testing refers to the study of measuring viable microorganism count on or in a product. It is essential for the sterilization process to ensure the safety and effectiveness of medical devices. It is utilized for the assessment of cleaning processes by analyzing the amounts and different types of microorganisms found in sterile devices throughout the production process. It can also be employed for routine monitoring of components and raw materials and during the assembly of parts in the manufacturing process. Apart from this, it can also be used for testing the contamination levels in pharmaceutical products and food and beverages.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Bioburden Testing Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for efficient safety testing tools in the healthcare sector. This has impelled numerous players to invest in high-quality bioburden testing to achieve enhanced sterility assurance. Moreover, governments of numerous countries are issuing stringent guidelines and microbial contamination prevention strategies to ensure improved sterilization processes during the manufacturing of medical devices. Coupled with the rising need for bioburden testing to be performed on devices for routine quality control processes, this is expected to create a positive outlook for the market. The market is further driven by the rapid outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) across the globe and the escalating need for sterilizing medical equipment at frequent intervals amid healthcare settings. Also, the strict food safety standards in the food and beverages sector have led to the growing need for microbiological bioburden testing on the global level. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 12% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the product, the market has been bifurcated into consumables (culture media, reagents and others) and instruments (automated microbial identification systems, polymerase chain reaction systems, microscopes, and others).
- On the basis of the test type, the market has been divided into aerobic count testing, anaerobic count testing, fungi/mold count testing, spores count testing and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into raw material testing, medical devices testing, in-process testing, sterilization validation testing, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been categorized into pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, medical device companies, contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs), food and beverages companies, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Becton Dickinson and Company, Biomérieux SA (Compagnie Merieux Alliance), Charles River Laboratories Inc, Merck KGaA, Nelson Laboratories LLC (Sotera Health LLC), North American Science Associates Inc., Pacific BioLabs Inc., SGS SA, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, and Wuxi Apptec.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal