According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Global Biodegradable Cutlery Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global biodegradable cutlery market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Biodegradable cutlery is generally manufactured using natural raw materials, including sugarcane bagasse, areca palm leaf, bamboo, rice husk and cornstarch-based polylactic acid (PLA). Additionally, it can also be used as compost post utilization as it is renewable in nature and causes minimal pollution to the environment while also improving the soil texture. As a result, it is widely utilized as a preferred alternative for plastic- or petroleum-based cutlery across commercial establishments and educational institutions.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Biodegradable Cutlery Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising environmental concerns among the masses. The increasing pollution levels across the globe and growing carbon footprint due to the utilization of plastic-based cutlery are providing a boost to the sale of biodegradable cutlery across the globe. Along with this, there has been a considerable shift toward the usage of biodegradable cutlery variants by individuals due to an enhanced focus on sustainable development, thereby creating a positive outlook for the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the rising preference for utilizing biodegradable cutlery by various food service outlets and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players to introduce improved product variants in the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 5.1% during 2021-2026.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been categorized into spoon, fork, knife and others.
- Based on the raw material, the market has been segmented into wood, husk, paper, plastic and others.
- On the basis of breakup by type, the market has been divided into PLA, CPLA and starch blends.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into hotel, catering and others.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated into online and offline.
- Based on the region, the market has been segregated into North America (United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include BioGreenChoice Corp., Bionatic GmbH & Co. KG, Biotrem, Eco Guardian, Eco-Products Inc., Huhtamäki Oyj, NatureHouse Green Products Inc., and Vegware.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal