According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Biogas Plant Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2024-2032,” the global biogas plant market size reached 21.9 GW in 2023. A biogas plant, also known as an anaerobic digestion (AD) facility, is an advanced renewable energy system that utilizes the power of organic waste to produce biogas. It comprises a digester or fermentation tank, reception area, and gas holder to convert waste into sustainable energy and fertilizers. It assists in offering an eco-friendly and sustainable solution for waste management, energy production, and reduction of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. As a result, a biogas plant finds applications in electricity generation, heating, and cooking across the globe.
Global Biogas Plant Market Trends:
At present, the rising adoption of clearer energy alternatives among individuals worldwide represents one of the major factors contributing to the growth of the market. Additionally, the increasing focus on the utilization of sustainable and renewable energy sources is strengthening the growth of the market. Apart from this, the growing adoption of biogas plants due to the rising need to reduce dependence on fossil fuels is positively influencing the market. Moreover, the increasing utilization of biogas in the agriculture sector to produce nutrient-rich digestate for fertilization is bolstering the growth of the market. Besides this, governing agencies of various countries are encouraging the adoption of renewable energy sources by implementing stringent rules and regulations and offering subsidies and tax incentives, which is supporting the growth of the market. Looking forward, the market volume is projected to reach 37.5 GW by 2032, expanding at a CAGR of 6.1% during 2024-2032.
- Based on the biogas plant type, the medium-to-large-scale digesters exhibit a clear dominance in the market, followed by small-scale digesters.
- On the basis of the feedstock, the market has been classified into agricultural waste, industrial waste, sewage sludge, and others. At present, agricultural waste holds the largest market share.
- Based on the digester type, wet anaerobic digestion represents the biggest market share, followed by dry anaerobic digestion.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into electricity generation, biofuel generation, and heat generation. Electricity generation currently dominates the market, accounting for the largest share.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, Europe enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being AB Holding S.p.a., Agraferm GmbH, Air Liquide S.A., Ameresco Inc., BTS Biogas Srl/GmbH (Bioenergy Devco), Engie SA, EnviTec Biogas AG, Finn Biogas, IES BIOGAS S.r.l. (Snam SPA), NASKEO environnement, PlanET Biogas Group GmbH, Scandinavian Biogas Fuels International AB, and Wärtsilä Oyj Abp.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||US$ Billion, GW
||Biogas Plant Type, Feedstock, Digestor Type, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AB Holding S.p.a., Agraferm GmbH, Air Liquide S.A., Ameresco Inc., BTS Biogas Srl/GmbH (Bioenergy Devco), Engie SA, EnviTec Biogas AG, Finn Biogas, IES BIOGAS S.r.l. (Snam SPA), NASKEO environnement, PlanET Biogas Group GmbH, Scandinavian Biogas Fuels International AB and Wärtsilä Oyj Abp.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800