According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Biomarkers Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global biomarkers market size reached US$ 68.2 Billion in 2022. A biomarker is a measurable indicator of some biological state or condition, often used for the assessment of physiological and pathological processes, as well as pharmacological responses to therapeutic interventions. Biomarkers can be found in various biological specimens such as blood, urine, saliva, and tissue. They are instrumental in diagnosing diseases, monitoring disease progression, and evaluating the effectiveness of treatments. The manufacturing process of biomarkers involves a sequence of intricate steps, from discovery to validation. Initially, a potential biomarker is identified through research often involving high-throughput techniques, such as mass spectrometry or gene sequencing. Post-discovery, the biomarker undergoes rigorous clinical trials to verify its efficacy and safety.
Global Biomarkers Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases, and neurodegenerative disorders, which necessitates early and accurate diagnosis for effective treatment. The escalation in research funding and investment in healthcare infrastructure is another significant booster for the market. Advances in genomics, proteomics, and bioinformatics are paving the way for the discovery of novel biomarkers, thus expanding their applications. Furthermore, technological advancements in medical imaging, biosensors, and lab-on-chip devices are enhancing the detection capabilities of biomarkers. Collaborations between pharmaceutical companies and research institutions are fostering innovation and expediting the commercialization process. The rise in personalized medicine and the advent of minimally invasive biomarker technologies are additional trends shaping the market landscape. Regulatory support and the increasing focus on patient-centric approaches are also serving as catalysts for market growth. Other factors, including rapid urbanization and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are also positively influencing the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 139.8 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 11.5% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been categorized into consumables, services, and software. Presently, consumables represent the largest segment.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into efficacy, safety, and validation biomarkers. Currently, safety biomarkers dominate the market.
- On the basis of the disease, the market has been bifurcated into cancer, cardiovascular disorders, neurological disorders, immunological disorders, renal disorders, and others. Among these, cancer account for the largest market share.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into diagnostics, drug discovery and development, personalized medicine, and others. Currently, drug discovery and development dominate the market.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been bifurcated into pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, diagnostic and research laboratories, hospitals and specialty clinics, and others. Among these, diagnostic and research laboratories account for the largest market share.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Among these, North America holds a leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Agilent Technologies Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Charles River Laboratories International Inc., Epigenomics AG, Eurofins Scientific SE, Merck KGaA, Perkinelmer Inc., Qiagen N.V, Quanterix Corporation, SphingoTec GmbH and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical Trends and Market Outlook, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- End User
||Consumables, Services, Software
||Efficacy Biomarkers, Safety Biomarkers, Validation Biomarkers
||Cancer, Cardiovascular Disorders, Neurological Disorders, Immunological Disorders, Renal Disorders, Others
||Diagnostics, Drug Discovery and Development, Personalized Medicine, Others
|End Users Covered
||Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies, Diagnostic and Research Laboratories, Hospitals and Specialty Clinics, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Agilent Technologies Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Charles River Laboratories International Inc., Epigenomics AG, Eurofins Scientific SE, Merck KGaA, Perkinelmer Inc., Qiagen N.V, Quanterix Corporation, SphingoTec GmbH, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800