According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Biosurfactants Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global biosurfactants market size reached US$ 2.6 Billion in 2022. Biosurfactants refer to active compounds that are generally produced by microorganisms, such as yeasts, bacteria and filamentous fungi. They are surface-active biomolecules that are formed at the microbial cell surface or excreted, which provide them numerous advantages, including high biodegradability and low toxicity, while enabling them to remain active at extreme pH and salinity levels. Besides this, they are considered to be amphiphilic microbial molecules that possess both hydrophobic and hydrophilic parts, which allows them to aggregate at interfaces between fluids with different polarities, such as water and hydrocarbons. Due to their unique functional properties, they are widely used in several industries as emulsifiers and demulsifiers, foaming and wetting and spreading agents, functional food ingredients and detergents.
Global Biosurfactants Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by significant growth in the chemical industry. With the rising concerns regarding the environment and the growing need for reducing reliance on fossil fuels, there has been a considerable increase in the demand for biosurfactants across the industrial sector. In line with this, numerous initiatives undertaken by the governments of several countries to promote the uptake of green and sustainable products are, in turn, creating a positive market outlook. There has been a considerable rise in the adoption of biosurfactants in the field of bioremediation as well as in the food and beverage and agriculture industries due to their low toxicity levels and biodegradability properties. Along with this, the widespread product utilization across the oil and gas sector for the recovery of residual crude oil is providing an impetus to the market. Moreover, the rising product utilization in the formulation of anti-dandruff shampoos and bathing products on account of the presence of antibacterial and antifungal properties is significantly supporting the demand for biosurfactants on the global level. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market size is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 3.6 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.7% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been segmented into rhamnolipids, sophorolipids, methyl ester sulfonates (MES), alkyl polyglucosides (APG), sorbitan esters, sucrose esters and others.
- Based on the source, the market has been classified into bacteria, fungi, agricultural waste and agro-industrial waste.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into household detergents, personal care, industrial cleaners, food processing, oilfield chemicals, agricultural chemicals, textiles and others.
- Based on region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Akzo Nobel N.V., BASF SE, Croda International plc, Ecover (S. C. Johnson & Son Inc.), Evonik Industries AG (RAG-Stiftung), Givaudan SA, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Jeneil Biotech Inc., Kao Corporation, Kemin Industries Inc., Lion Corporation and Saraya Co. Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Source, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Akzo Nobel N.V., BASF SE, Croda International plc, Ecover (S. C. Johnson & Son Inc.), Evonik Industries AG (RAG-Stiftung), Givaudan SA, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Jeneil Biotech Inc., Kao Corporation, Kemin Industries Inc., Lion Corporation and Saraya Co. Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800