According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “ Bleeding Disorders Treatment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global bleeding disorders treatment market size reached US$ 14.2 Billion in 2022. Bleeding disorders treatment encompasses a range of therapeutic interventions aimed at managing conditions characterized by abnormal bleeding due to disruptions in the blood clotting process. These disorders, such as hemophilia, von Willebrand disease, and rare clotting factor deficiencies, can lead to excessive bleeding even from minor injuries or spontaneously. The treatment landscape includes the administration of clotting factor concentrates, both recombinant and derived from human or animal sources, to replace the deficient factors and restore normal clotting function. Besides this, pharmaceutical advancements have led to the development of innovative therapies, including non-factor replacement treatments and gene therapies, which provide longer-term relief for individuals with bleeding disorders.
Global Bleeding Disorders Treatment Market Trends:
The global bleeding disorders treatment market is witnessing robust growth, driven by the increasing prevalence of bleeding disorders worldwide. Besides this, the advent of better diagnostic technologies and increased awareness among healthcare professionals and the general population has spurred early detection and intervention, leading to a larger patient pool seeking treatment options, thus strengthening the market growth. Moreover, the rise in government initiatives and healthcare expenditure in various regions has facilitated improved access to bleeding disorders treatment, creating a favorable outlook for the market. Additionally, significant advancements in medical technology paving the way for more efficient and targeted therapies are presenting lucrative opportunities for market expansion. In line with this, the development of extended half-life clotting factors has reduced the frequency of treatment administrations, enhancing patient convenience and compliance, thereby contributing to the market’s growth. Furthermore, ongoing research and development (R&D) efforts have led to the emergence of gene therapies that aim to address the root causes of bleeding disorders by introducing functional genes and offering long-term solutions for patients with chronic bleeding disorders. This represents another key growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, increased collaborations between pharmaceutical companies and research institutions, driving the discovery of novel treatment modalities and facilitating innovation, is propelling the market forward. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 20.3 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 5.9% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been divided into hemophilia A, hemophilia B, Von Willebrand disease, and others.
- Based on the drug class, the market is classified into plasma-derived coagulation factor concentrates (factor VIII, factor IX, factor for Von Willebrand disease, and activated prothrombin complex concentrate), recombinant coagulation factor concentrates (factor VIII, factor for Von Willebrand disease, and factor IX), desmopressin, antifibrinolytics, fibrin sealants, and others.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online stores.
- Based on the end user, the market is categorized into hospitals, clinics, and academic and research institutes.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being AbbVie Inc, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals Inc., Bayer AG, CSL Behring (CSL Limited), Grifols S.A., Johnson & Johnson, Novo Nordisk A/S, Octapharma AG, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi S.A., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited and Wellona Pharma.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Drug Class, Distribution Channel, End User, Region
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AbbVie Inc, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals Inc., Bayer AG, CSL Behring (CSL Limited), Grifols S.A., Johnson & Johnson, Novo Nordisk A/S, Octapharma AG, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi S.A., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited and Wellona Pharma.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800