According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Blister Packaging Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, the global blister packaging market size reached US$ 20.7 Billion in 2018. Blister packaging is a type of retail packaging that usually involves a cavity made from thermoformed plastics, paper, or metal foil. It protects the contents against humidity, UV rays, odor, gas, temperature changes and oxygen. It also ensures enhanced barrier protection and high temper resistance resulting in prolonged shelf-life of the products. Nowadays, various consumer goods manufacturers and retailers are opting for blister packaging as it simplifies the retail-level distribution of products by protecting their integrity and providing secure handling and transportation. This type of packaging is shelf ready and eliminates the need for additional cartons, which helps in reducing the cost of packaging.
Global Blister Packaging Market Trends:
The rising demand for blister packaging in the pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and cosmetics and personal care industries has augmented the growth of the market. With the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, such as diabetes and thyroid, the demand for medicines has increased across the globe. As a result, healthcare companies are opting for better-quality and high-end packaging, such as blister packaging, to reduce the adverse effects of the open atmosphere on sensitive drugs. Other than this, high-quality, food-grade plastic blister trays are used in the packaging of food items, including eggs, fruits, chocolates, chewing gums, and biscuits, due to their cost-effectiveness and the ability to be formed in different shapes. Also, the hectic and on-the-go lifestyles of consumers have augmented the demand for ready-to-eat food items, which is further fueling the market growth. Moreover, several organizations are promoting the usage of blister packaging for reducing packaging wastage, thereby minimizing environmental pollution. Owing to these factors, the market value is projected to reach US$ 29.5 Billion by 2024, expanding at a CAGR of around 6.1% during 2019-2024.
- Based on the type, the market has been divided into carded and clamshell blister packaging.
- On the basis of the raw material, the market has been bifurcated into polyvinyl chloride (PVC), Aclar, polyvinylidene chloride (PVDC), cyclic olefin copolymer (COC) and polypropylene (PP).
- The market based on technology has been categorized into thermoforming and cold forming technologies.
- Based on the end use, the market has been classified as healthcare, consumer goods, industrial goods, and food.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Amcor PLC, Bemis Company, Inc., The DOW Chemical Company, Westrock Group, Sonoco Products Company, Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH, E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company, Honeywell International Inc., Tekni-Plex, Inc., Display Pack, Inc. and Pharma Packaging Solutions.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.