According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Blood Collection Market: Global Industry, Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global blood collection market reached a value of US$ 6.6 Billion in 2022. Blood collection refers to a procedure of taking blood samples from the donor for laboratory analysis. Arterial, venipuncture, and fingerstick sampling are some of the common blood collection methods. It is widely used to diagnose and monitor diseases and metabolic, respiratory, and mixed-acid disorders. Blood collection is commonly done by two methods, including automated and manual. It involves the use of tubes, needles, syringes, and blood bags. The blood samples can also be taken from the hand, arm, ear, and other body parts, depending on the requirement.
Global Blood Collection Market Trends:
The rising number of accidents and surgical procedures performed in hospitals across the globe is creating a positive outlook for the market. Blood collection products are used to treat patients suffering from road traffic accidents or injuries, undergoing chemotherapy, dialysis, organ and tissue transplantation, and complex surgeries. Additionally, the rising emergence of liquid biopsy tests and the increasing demand for blood donations and blood components are favoring the market growth. Apart from this, various product innovations, such as the introduction of a push-button blood collection device used for testing HbA1c levels in patients diagnosed with prediabetes and diabetes, are providing a thrust to the market growth. Moreover, the increasing demand for effective diagnostic tools due to the rising incidences of chronic and lifestyle diseases on account of sedentary lifestyles is positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including rising cases of cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) and the implementation of various government initiatives focusing on creating awareness and organizing campaigns for blood donations, are supporting the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 9.0 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.1% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been classified into needles and syringes, blood collection tubes (serum-separating, EDTA, heparin, plasma-separating), blood bags, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been bifurcated into diagnostics and treatment.
- On the basis of the end use, the market has been divided into hospitals, diagnostics centers, blood banks, and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, Becton Dickinson and Company, FL MEDICAL s.r.l., Greiner AG, Haemonetics Corporation, McKesson Corporation, Medtronic plc, Nipro Corporation, Qiagen N.V., Quest Diagnostics, Sarstedt AG & Co. KG and Terumo Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Product, Application, End Use, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Abbott Laboratories, Becton Dickinson and Company, FL MEDICAL s.r.l., Greiner AG, Haemonetics Corporation, McKesson Corporation, Medtronic plc, Nipro Corporation, Qiagen N.V., Quest Diagnostics, Sarstedt AG & Co. KG and Terumo Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal