According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Blood Preparation Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global blood preparation market reached a value of US$ 42.3 Billion in 2022. Blood preparation refers to the process of separating components from one unit of whole blood using the centrifugation technique. Red blood cells (RBCs), platelets, fresh frozen plasma (FFP), cryoprecipitated anti-hemophilic factor (AHF), and granulocytes are some of the components separated using the process. Blood preparation is carried out for transfusion, component therapy, and manufacturing pharmaceuticals. It maximizes the utility of one whole blood unit, increases the therapeutic efficacy of components, and benefits multiple patients simultaneously. Blood preparation also involves the modification of components using irradiation, leukoreduction, and pathogen inactivation to improve the quality during storage and reduce adverse effects, such as allergic reactions.
Blood Preparation Market Trends:
The increasing demand for blood transfusion due to the rising prevalence of blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukocytosis, sickle cell disease, and cancer, is one of the key factors driving the market growth. In addition, the rising adoption of blood transfusion during surgical procedures, accidents, and injuries due to extreme blood loss is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the COVID-19 pandemic surged the demand for convalescent plasma as a potential treatment for critical patients, which is providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Additionally, the integration of automation technologies to improve blood processing, minimize errors, and increase efficiency by eliminating repetitive tasks, such as weighing, balancing, centrifugation, expression, and sealing, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, increasing initiatives by several governments to develop plasma-derived proteins, such as immunoglobulins, coagulation factor products, human fibrin foam, dried human plasma, and human thrombin, are providing an impetus to market growth. Other factors, including increasing demand for blood component therapy, significant growth in the pharmaceutical industry, and rapid development of healthcare infrastructure, are anticipated to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 56.1 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.2% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been divided into whole blood (red cells, granulocytes, plasma, and platelets), blood components (whole blood components, packed red cells, leukocyte reduced red blood cells, frozen plasma, platelet concentrate, and cryoprecipitate), and blood derivatives.
- Based on the antithrombotic and anticoagulants type, the market has been categorized into platelet aggregation inhibitors (glycoprotein inhibitors, COX inhibitors, ADP antagonists, and others), fibrinolytics (tissue plasminogen activator (TPA), streptokinase, and urokinase), and anticoagulants (heparins, vitamin K antagonists, direct thrombin inhibitors, and direct factor Xa inhibitors).
- On the basis of antithrombotic and anticoagulants application, the market has been classified into thrombocytosis, pulmonary embolism, renal impairment, angina blood vessel complications, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Baxter International Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Daiichi Sankyo Company Limited, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., LEO Pharma A/S, Pfizer Inc., Portola Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc.) and Sanofi S.A.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Antithrombotic and Anticoagulants Type, Antithrombotic and Anticoagulants Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Baxter International Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Daiichi Sankyo Company Limited, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., LEO Pharma A/S, Pfizer Inc., Portola Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc.) and Sanofi S.A
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800