According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Board Games Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global board games market size reached US$ 15.1 Billion in 2022. Board games comprise monopoly, chess, scrabble, clue, a ticket to ride, shogi, oware, settlers of catan, uno, and trivial pursuit. They are played on flat surfaces that involve a game board, playing pieces, and a set of rules. They are played by individuals or teams and generally used as a social activity or a form of entertainment. They provide markings and designated spaces with tokens, dice, stones, cards, or other pieces that are used in specific ways throughout the game. They help children count spaces, identify colors, and improve hand eye coordination or dexterity in moving cards and pieces around the board.
Global Board Games Market Trends:
The increasing demand for board games to improve team-building skills and facilitate active learning and problem-solving skills among the masses represents one of the key factors augmenting the market growth around the world. Moreover, rising number of cafes and bars that are incorporating board games is favoring the growth of the market. In addition, the growing adoption of strategy and war-based games by teenagers and adults is influencing the market positively. Apart from this, there is an increase in the adoption of board games as play school activities and the execution of these activities in educational institutions. This, coupled with the rising demand for cooperative games among players to achieve a common goal, is contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the emerging trend of gifting unique items like board games in personalized boxes and labels is catalyzing their demand across the globe. Besides this, the growing sales of board games via e-commerce websites that offer convenience, vast catalog, free and fast shipping facilities, and discounted deals are creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 29.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 11.2% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been segmented into tabletop, card and dice, collectible card, miniature, and RPG games.
- Based on the game type, the market has been classified into strategy and war games, educational games, fantasy games, sport games, and others.
- On the basis of the age group, the market has been categorized into 0-2, 2-5, 5-12, and above 12 years. At present, 5-12 years holds the largest market share.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into supermarkets and hypermarkets, specialty stores, online stores, and others. Presently, specialty stores exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Region wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America (the United States and Canada) enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Buffalo Games, Cartamundi Asia Pacific, Clementoni Spa, CMON Limited, Franckh-Kosmos Verlags-GmbH and Co. KG, Fremont Die Consumer Products Inc., Gibsons Games Ltd., Goliath Games, Hasbro Inc., Mattel Inc., Mindware Inc., PD Verlag GmbH and Co. KG and The Walt Disney Co.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Game Type, Age Group, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Buffalo Games, Cartamundi Asia Pacific, Clementoni Spa, CMON Limited, Franckh-Kosmos Verlags-GmbH and Co. KG, Fremont Die Consumer Products Inc., Gibsons Games Ltd., Goliath Games, Hasbro Inc., Mattel Inc., Mindware Inc., PD Verlag GmbH and Co. KG and The Walt Disney Co.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800