According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Body Armor Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global body armor market size is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.1% during 2023-2028. Body armor refers to an essential piece of protective gear designed to protect individuals against ballistic threats, such as bullets, shrapnel, and other high-velocity projectiles. The armor is made of a combination of materials, such as Kevlar, ceramic, and steel, intended to absorb and disperse the kinetic energy of the projectile, reducing the likelihood of injury or death. There are various types of body armor available in the market, including soft and hard armor. Amongst these, soft armor is lightweight and flexible, designed to fit under clothing, while hard armor is rigid and bulky, providing more comprehensive protection but limited mobility. It is commonly used by law enforcement officers, military personnel, security guards, and other professionals who are at risk of encountering assaults, attacks, and ballistic threats in the course of their duties.
Global Body Armor Market Trends:
The extensive spending on defense by numerous countries and security and law enforcement agencies across the globe have facilitated the incorporation of lightweight and high-tech protective gear, such as body armor, in combat environments, which is primarily driving the market growth. Besides this, rising concerns regarding personal safety and security and increasing instances of terrorist activities and cross-border conflicts are aiding in market expansion. Moreover, with rising urbanization, there has been a growing prevalence of crimes and other threats, which, in turn, is presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. In addition to this, the escalating product utilization across mental healthcare facilities to improve the safety of healthcare workers from violent and aggressive patients is influencing the market growth. Furthermore, leading market players are employing ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) and integrating advanced synthetic fibers to develop high-performance, flexible, and lightweight bodysuits and covert products for better wearer protection, which is creating a favorable outlook for the market. In line with this, the advent of three-dimensional (3D) design techniques and customization services to engineer high-quality materials to produce state-of-the-art body armor and the rising popularity of paintball, hunting, target shooting, and outdoor sports activities are contributing to the market growth.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been segregated into soft armors (plates and inserts, and shields), hard armors (plates and inserts, and shields), helmets, and others.
- Based on the type, the market is bifurcated into covert and overt.
- On the basis of the level, the market has been classified into levels II, IIA, III, IIIA, and IV.
- Based on the material, the market is categorized into steel, ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE), aramid, composite ceramic (aluminum oxide, boron carbide, silicon carbide, and others), and others.
- Based on the application, the market is divided into military, civil, and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Armored Republic LLC., BAE Systems Plc, Ballistic Body Armor Pty, Craig International Ballistics Pty. Ltd., Hellweg International PTY Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., Kejo Limited Company, Pacific Safety Products Inc, Point Blank Enterprises Inc., Safariland LLC. (Maui Acquisition Corp.), The 3M Company and U.S. Armor Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Type, Level, Material, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Armored Republic LLC., BAE Systems Plc, Ballistic Body Armor Pty, Craig International Ballistics Pty. Ltd., Hellweg International PTY Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., Kejo Limited Company, Pacific Safety Products Inc, Point Blank Enterprises Inc., Safariland LLC. (Maui Acquisition Corp.), The 3M Company and U.S. Armor Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800