According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Bottled Water Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global bottled water market reached a value of US$ 237.6 Billion in 2022. Bottled water is generally packed in a sanitary container that is intended for human consumption. It is derived from multiple sources, including wells, protected springs or public water supply that is subjected to filtration and disinfection processes, which makes it free from impurities and safe for consumption. It is widely available via online and offline organized retail channels across the globe that differ on the basis of its size, mineral contents, shape, color and price. In comparison to tap water, it ensures safety, is convenient to consume and is easy to carry.
Global Bottled Water Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising prevalence of water-borne diseases among the masses. Moreover, the increasing awareness regarding the adverse effect of carbonated drinks owing to the growing health consciousness among individuals is providing a boost to the sales of bottled water across the globe. Along with this, the shifting preference towards bottled drinking water in cafes and food joints due to the improved living standards of the masses is creating a positive market outlook. Additionally, several leading players are heavily investing in launching eco-friendly bottled water variants in the market due to an enhanced focus on sustainable development among the masses. Furthermore, major players are engaging in the development of aggressive marketing strategies, promotional campaigns and innovative packaging solutions. Other factors, including emerging tourism and hospitality industries and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are also positively influencing the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$
364.4 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.3% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been categorized into still, carbonated, flavored and mineral.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into supermarkets/hypermarkets, convenience stores, direct sales, on-trade and others.
- Based on the packaging type, the market has been categorized into PET bottles, metal cans and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Bisleri International Pvt. Ltd., Danone S.A., Gerolsteiner Brunnen GmbH & Co. KG, Nestle S.A., Nongfu Spring (Yangshengtang Co. Ltd.), Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., PepsiCo Inc., Primo Water Corporation, Tata Consumer Products Limited and The Coca-Cola Company.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800