According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Breast Implant Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global breast implant market reached a value of US$ 2.48 Billion in 2021. Breast implants refer to plastic surgery prostheses that include a surgical procedure for transforming the size and contour of the breasts. It is also known as augmentation mammoplasty, which includes the placement of pre-filled silicone or saline implants that resembles natural breast tissues under the chest muscles or breast tissues. Since breast implants aid in enhancing overall appearance, correcting asymmetrical sizes, restoring breasts after a mastectomy surgery and affirming one’s gender, they are gaining widespread prominence on the global level.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Breast Implant Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing prevalence of breast cancer. Moreover, the rising consciousness about the size and shape of breasts, along with the increasing preference for maintaining an aesthetic physical appearance, is providing a boost to the demand for breast implants. Furthermore, continual technological advancements, such as the introduction of devices that aids in eliminating direct contact with breast tissues or skin while performing surgery in order to minimize the risks of capsular contracture or infections, are considered to be major growth-inducing factors. Additionally, numerous key players are heavily investing in research and development (R&D) activities for introducing improved breast implant materials, thereby creating a positive market outlook. Other factors, including shifting lifestyle preferences and the inflating disposable income levels of the masses, continuous improvements in the healthcare infrastructure and a considerable rise in the number of qualified plastic surgeons, are also favoring the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 3.35 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 4.60% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been segregated into silicone and saline breast implants.
- Based on the shape, the market has been segmented into round and anatomical.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been bifurcated into cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries.
- Based on the end-user, the market has been classified into hospitals, cosmetology clinics and ambulatory surgical centers.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.?Some of these players include Allergan plc, CEREPLAS, Establishment Labs SA, Global Consolidated Aesthetics Limited, Groupe Sebbin SAS, HansBiomed Co. Ltd., Ideal Implant Inc., Laboratoires Arion, Mentor Worldwide LLC (Johnson & Johnson), POLYTECH Health & Aesthetics GmbH and Sientra Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal