The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Breast Pump Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global breast pump market reached a value of US$
905.7 Million in 2022. A breast pump is a healthcare device used to extract milk from the breast of lactating mothers. It is used by women to breastfeed their infants at any convenient time. A breast pump prevents discomfort, averts the risk of breast infection and engorgement, relieves mastitis, aids in overcoming inverted or flat nipples and enables mothers to store milk for later use. Moreover, breast pumps are gaining prominence across the globe as doctors recommend them to women to stimulate milk supply when the baby is unable to suck milk.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Breast Pump Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing awareness regarding the benefits and importance of breastfeeding among women. In addition, a significant rise in the working women population and the increasing number of newborns, especially in emerging economies, are escalating the demand for breast pumps. Besides this, governments in different countries are implementing initiatives to support working mothers, thus fueling the market growth. They are also utilized by women suffering from several breastfeeding conditions such as poor attachment, breast engorgement and nipple soreness. Nowadays, the increasing healthcare expenditure and the improving access to medical devices are also contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, manufacturers are launching double breast pumping 2-phase expression technology, which eliminates fat content from milk and replaces it with high caloric values. These pumps are also safer and more efficient in collecting milk, which is expected to create a positive market outlook in the coming years. Looking forward, the market is expected to reach a value of US$
1,382.3 Million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of
7.12% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into open and closed system. Currently, closed system breast pumps represent the most popular product type, accounting for the largest market share.
- On the basis of technology, the market has been classified into battery-powered, electric, and manual. Among these, battery-powered pumps are witnessing the fastest growth in the market.
- The market has been categorized based on the application into personal care and hospitals. Currently, the hospitals segment dominates the market.
- Region-wise, North America holds the leading position in the market. Other major regions include Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Philips Avent, Pigeon Corporation, Medela AG, Ameda Inc., and Hygeia Medical Group II.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal