According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Breath Analyzer Market: Global Industry, Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global breath analyzer market reached a value of US$ 2.9 Billion in 2021. A breath analyzer is a portable, hand-held device used to determine blood alcohol content (BAC) in the body. It comprises a fuel cell, an infrared spectroscopy device, a semiconductor, and a photovoltaic assay to provide quick results. The breath sample is tested by passing the exhaled breath through a solution of sulfuric acid and potassium dichromate, which further changes color in proportion to the amount of alcohol in the air sample. As it is convenient, efficient, easy to use, and provides immediate and accurate results, it is also used to diagnose tuberculosis, asthma, and other respiratory diseases.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Breath Analyzer Market Trends:
The rising instances of road accidents caused by the influence of alcohol and other drugs across the globe are creating a positive outlook for the market. In line with this, the implementation of various government initiatives against drunk driving due to the increasing alcohol consumption is favoring the market growth. Additionally, the widespread product adoption in the medical sector for effective diagnosis of cancer, asthma, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the introduction of lightweight, compact breath analyzers that consist of infrared (IR) spectrometry and are embedded with artificial intelligence (AI) and other smart technologies to enhance detection accuracy are providing an impetus to the market growth. Furthermore, the increasing product utilization in the mining, construction, and transportation industries for testing drugs and alcohol at workplaces is positively impacting the market growth. Other factors, including the growing awareness through campaigns about the adverse effects of substance abuse and excessive alcohol consumption, the development of advanced product variants with BlueTooth functionalities for personal tracking, escalating sales of cigars and alcohol, and the widespread product utilization in private use to monitor carbon dioxide (CO2) levels, are supporting the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 13.1 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 28.8% during 2022-2027.
- Based on technology, the market has been classified into fuel cell technology, semiconductor sensor, infrared spectroscopy, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into alcohol detection, drug abuse detection, and medical application.
- Based on the end use, the market has been classified into law enforcement agencies, enterprises, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), and Middle East and Africa.?
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being AK Globaltech Corp., Akers Biosciences Inc., Alcohol Countermeasure Systems (International) Inc., BACtrack Inc., Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, EnviteC-Wismar GmbH, Intoximeters Inc., Lifeloc Technologies, Mpd Inc., Quest Products LLC., etc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800