The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Breathable Films Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global breathable films market size reached US$
3.6 Billion in 2022. Breathable films are cost-effective, polymer-based films that are manufactured using thermoplastic resins via extrusion technology. They provide moisture control in various products, including diapers, feminine hygiene, and incontinence protection products where breathability is an essential parameter of user comfort. Breathable films are also utilized in mattresses, protective and isolation clothing, disposable supplies and surgical gowns employed in the healthcare sector.
Global Breathable Films Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the escalating demand for personal protective equipment (PPE) and other essential medical supplies due to the global outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Besides this, governments of numerous countries are taking various initiatives to improve the distribution network of sanitary napkins, which has escalated the demand for female hygiene products, representing another major growth-inducing factor. In addition, the rising environmental concerns and the growing awareness among parents regarding the proper hygiene of babies have prompted manufacturers to use breathable films in biodegradable diapers. This, coupled with the rising incidences of adult incontinence among the geriatric population, is also contributing to the market growth. Moreover, the increasing investments in real estate projects are expected to escalate the demand for breathable films in the construction industry. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$
5.79 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of
7.85% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- On the basis of the material, the market has been segmented into polyethylene, polypropylene, and others.
- Based on technology, the market has been bifurcated into monolithic and micro-porous.
- On the basis of the end use, the market has been categorized into hygiene and personal care, medical, packaging, construction, textile, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being American Polyfilm Inc., Arkema S.A., Berry Global Inc., Covestro AG, Daika Kogyo Co. Ltd., Fatra as (Agrofert), Mitsui Chemicals Inc., Nitto Denko Corporation, RKW Group, Skymark Packaging International Inc., Sunplac Corporation and Trioworld Industrier AB.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal