According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Breathing Circuits Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global breathing circuits market grew at a CAGR of around 4% during 2014-2019. Breathing circuits refer to medical devices that are widely used for providing oxygen and removing carbon dioxide from the lungs. They can also be utilized to deliver inhalational anesthetic agents to patients in a healthcare setting. These circuits consist of breathing tubes, a source of fresh and steady gas flow, adjustable pressure limiting valves for controlling pressure within the system and a reservoir bag for allowing assisted ventilation. They are exceptionally reliable and convenient due to which they find applications for gas sampling and monitoring airway pressure, flow and volume across the healthcare sector.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Breathing Circuits Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the rapid outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), along with the increasing number of COVID-19 patients requiring hospitalization. Since breathing circuits minimize the risks of contamination from the environment and cross-contamination between patients, they are widely used in operating rooms, post-operative care units, conveyance rooms and intensive care units (ICUs) to provide support to the patients. Apart from this, there has been an increase in the prevalence of chronic inflammation due to the rising popularity of smoking among the masses. There has also been an increase in the occurrence of numerous respiratory diseases, such as asthma, obstructive sleep apnea and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). This, along with the growing geriatric population across the globe, is expected to provide an impetus to the demand for breathing circuits. Various players are also engaging in the development of advanced product variants in the market, which is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. They are equipping these circuits with moisture filters and innovative heat, face masks and tubes with the aim to offer enhanced comfort and care to users. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include increasing investments for improving the healthcare infrastructure and the escalating number of surgical procedures requiring breathing support systems. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to exhibit continuous growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the circuit type, the market has been divided into open, closed and other breathing circuits.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into anesthesia, respiratory dysfunction and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been categorized into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Ambu A/S, Armstrong Medical Limited, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Bio-Med Devices, Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Corporation Limited, Smiths Group plc, Teleflex Incorporated, and WilMarc, LLC.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800