According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Bronopol Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, the global bronopol market size is experiencing moderate growth. Bronopol (C3H6BrNO4), also known as 2-Bromo-2-nitro-1,3-propanediol, is a colorless bromine compound, manufactured by the bromination of di-nitromethane. Most commonly, bronopol is available in the crystalline form and is miscible with some of the polar solvents, including water, propylene glycol and isopropanol. It has superior antimicrobial properties and provides excellent coverage for wide microbial spectra, particularly yeasts and molds. It is considered a versatile organic compound that is highly compatible with cationic, amphoteric and anionic surfactants. Owing to these properties, it is extensively utilized as a preservative and cleaning agent across numerous industry verticals.
Global Bronopol Market Trends:
The increasing demand for safe and clean water for various industrial and household purposes has led to the rising utilization of bronopol in the water treatment sector. The addition of bronopol in water purification plants helps in curbing the growth of water-borne pathogens, which helps in making the water suitable for consumption. Similarly, in the oil and gas sector, it is used for preventing the corrosion caused by bacterial contamination in hydraulic fracturing equipment. Apart from this, Gram-negative bacteria, especially Pseudomonas aeruginosa, are common residents in water and can contaminate cosmetics and toiletries. As bronopol is highly active against these organisms, it is used as a preservative in personal care products. Moreover, bronopol is experiencing high demand from the paper industry owing to its ability to provide long-term preservation for mill additives and as a biocide against aerobic lime-forming bacteria. It is also compatible with a wide range of raw materials used in the industry, including flocculants, retention aids, isothiazolinones and other biocides. As a result of these factors, the market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 5% during 2019-2024.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented as coagulants and flocculants, biocides and disinfectants, PH adjusters and stabilizers, inhibitors, defoaming agents, and others.
- On the basis of form, the market has been segregated into solid and liquid forms.
- The market has been bifurcated on the basis of the application into water treatment; formulators; oil and gas; paper and pulp; paints, coating and adhesives; and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being BASF SE, Fujian Shaowu Yongfei Chemical Co., Ltd., Gayathri Chemicals and Agencies, The Dow Chemical Company, Symbolic Pharma, Shanghai Rich Chemicals Co. Ltd., Sharon Laboratories Ltd., Mani Agro Chem Private Limited, Sai Supreme Chemicals, Ramdev Chemicals Pvt, Ltd., BQ Technology (HK) Company Limited, Wuhan Fortuna Chemical Co. Ltd. and Weifang Haihua Yuanda Fine Chemicals Co., Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal