According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Building Automation System Market by Offering (Security and Access Controls, Facility Management Systems, Fire Protection Systems, Building Energy Management Software, Building Automation System Services, and Others), Communication Technology (Wireless, Wired), Application (Commercial, Residential, Industrial), and Region 2023-2028,” the global building automation system market size reached US$ 84.6 Billion in 2022. A Building Automation System (BAS), often referred to as a Building Management System (BMS) or Energy Management and Control System (EMCS), is a centralized control system that manages and monitors various building functions and systems to enhance efficiency, comfort, and security. It integrates and automates the operation of heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), lighting, security, fire safety, and other critical systems within a building or facility. BAS aims to optimize energy consumption, reduce operational costs, and improve occupant comfort. It collects data from sensors and devices throughout the building, allowing for real-time analysis and adjustments. Building managers can remotely control and schedule systems, receive alerts, and access historical data to make informed decisions. At present, a building automation system is gaining immense traction across the globe as it plays a vital role in modern buildings, ensuring they operate efficiently, sustainably, and in compliance with safety standards.
Global Building Automation System Market Trends:
The rising demand for BAS due to the increasing emphasis on energy efficiency and sustainability in buildings, as these systems optimize energy consumption, reduce operational costs, and support green building initiatives, represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Apart from this, the heightening awareness of occupant comfort and well-being has fueled the adoption of BAS for better control of heating, cooling, lighting, and ventilation, enhancing the overall indoor environment, thereby fueling market growth. Additionally, the integration of Internet of Things (IoT) technology and smart devices has revolutionized BAS, allowing for remote monitoring, predictive maintenance, and data-driven insights, further propelling market growth. Along with this, the implementation of stringent regulations and government incentives promoting energy-efficient building practices has accelerated the adoption of BAS. Moreover, the emergence of smart city concepts and the escalating need for centralized control in large-scale commercial and residential complexes are other major growth-inducing factors. Furthermore, the shifting trend toward digitalization and the convergence of building systems with IT infrastructure are contributing to market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 150.3 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 9.6% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the offering, the market has been categorized into security and access controls, facility management systems, fire protection systems, building energy management software, building automation system services, and others. Amongst these, security and access controls represent the leading segment.
- On the basis of communication technology, the market has been bifurcated into wireless and wired, wherein wireless accounts for the majority of the market share.
- The market has been segmented based on the application into commercial, residential, and industrial. At present, commercial exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Region wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Currently, North America holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being ABB Ltd., Convergint Technologies LLC, Distech Controls Inc. (Acuity Brands Inc.), Hitachi Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., Johnson Controls, Microchip Technology Inc., Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH, Rockwell Automation Inc., Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, and Trane Technologies plc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Security and Access Controls, Facility Management Systems, Fire Protection Systems, Building Energy Management Software, Building Automation System Services, Others
|Communication Technologies Covered
||Commercial, Residential, Industrial
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||ABB Ltd., Convergint Technologies LLC, Distech Controls Inc. (Acuity Brands Inc.), Hitachi Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., Johnson Controls, Microchip Technology Inc., Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH, Rockwell Automation Inc., Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, Trane Technologies plc, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800