As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Butyric Acid Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global butyric acid market reached a value of US$ 177.1 Million in 2021. Butyric acid is a colorless and organic acid majorly derived from animal fats such as buffalo, sheep and goat milk. It is also found in rancid butter and arnica oil and is industrially manufactured by fermenting starch and sugar with putrefying cheese and calcium carbonate. It involves the oxidation of butyraldehyde that is obtained from propylene, derived by oxo-synthesis from crude oil. Nowadays, butyric acid is manufactured at a relatively low rate, yield and concentration than the traditional butyric acid fermentation process.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Butyric Acid Market Trends:
The global butyric acid market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for renewable butyric acid and the growing need for clean energy sources such as biofuel. Butyric acid is employed as a precursor to biofuels, which offer environmental advantages such as security of supply, reduction in greenhouse gas emissions and improved sustainability. Besides this, butyric acid is widely used in the pharmaceutical sector to manufacture drugs, especially for cancer treatment. Moreover, there has been an increase in the utilization of butyric acid in the animal feed industry for swine and poultry as it helps maintain animal intestinal health and growth performance. In addition to this, rapid urbanization and changing lifestyles, along with rising investments for developing the food processing and chemical industries, are further driving the market growth. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of
14.4% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into synthetic and bio-based butyric acid.
- On the basis of the derivative, the market has been classified as sodium butyrate, calcium butyrate, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the application into animal feed, chemical intermediate, food and flavor, pharmaceutical, perfume, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Blue Marble Biomaterials LLC (Socati Corporation), Eastman Chemical Company, OQ Chemicals GmbH, Perstorp Holding AB, Snowco Industrial Co. Ltd., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Tokyo Chemical Industry Co. Ltd., Axxence Aromatic GmbH, Kemin Industries Inc., and Zhonglan Industry Co. Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800