According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled " Canned Food Market: Global, Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global canned food market size reached US$ 96.5 Billion in 2022. Canned food refers to a wide variety of consumable items that have been hermetically sealed and commercially processed for human consumption. It comprises various meat products, such as sausages, potted meat, whole muscles, pulled pork, cured ham, chicken breast, and bacon. It also consists of various fruits and vegetables, such as olives, pineapple, cherries, apples, carrots, beans, tomatoes, pumpkin puree, beet, and corn. Canned food often includes a wide variety of seafood, such as tuna, sardines, salmon, crab, and calamari, which are rich sources of protein, vitamin D, selenium, and omega-3 fatty acids. It is stored in tinplate and aluminum cans as they provide a perfect gas and light barrier to protect the nutrients. It also possesses an extended shelf life and can retain its flavor and texture in normal room temperatures.
Global Canned Food Market Trends:
At present, the increasing demand for canned food products, as they are convenient, cost-efficient, and easily available, represents one of the primary factors influencing the market positively. Besides this, the rising consumption of ready-to-eat (RTE) food products among working individuals to avoid the hassle of cooking and save time is propelling the growth of the market. In addition, the growing utilization of canned tomatoes and olives in the preparation of pasta, pizza, gravies, and other dishes, as they reduce cooking time, is offering a favorable market outlook. Apart from this, the increasing number of e-commerce brands and distribution channels selling organic and clean-label canned food products devoid of harmful preservatives is contributing to the growth of the market. Additionally, the rising demand for canned food products due to the increasing consumer awareness about hygienic consumable products is supporting the growth of the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 117.8 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 2.87% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been segmented into canned meat and seafood, canned fruit and vegetables, canned ready meals, and others. Canned meat and seafood represented the largest segment in the market.
- Based on the type, conventional holds the biggest share in the market, followed by organic.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, e-commerce, and others. Presently, supermarkets and hypermarkets exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America (the United States and Canada) enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Ayam Sarl, Bonduelle, Campbell Soup Company, CHB Group, Danish Crown AmbA, Del Monte Foods Inc., JBS S.A., Nestlé S.A, Princes Foods (Mitsubishi Corporation), Thai Union Group PCL, The Bolton Group, and The Kraft Heinz Company.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Type, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Ayam Sarl, Bonduelle, Campbell Soup Company, CHB Group, Danish Crown AmbA, Del Monte Foods Inc., JBS S.A., Nestlé S.A, Princes Foods (Mitsubishi Corporation), Thai Union Group PCL, The Bolton Group and The Kraft Heinz Company
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800