According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Caprolactam Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global caprolactam market is currently witnessing healthy growth. Caprolactam is an organic compound with the chemical formula (C6H11NO). It is most commonly obtained by the synthesis of cyclohexane, phenol and toluene. Characterized by a clear to milky-white color, it is a crystalline lactam or a cyclic amide of caproic acid. It is soluble in water and other liquids, including oxygenated and chlorinated solvents. It is a synthetic polymer that is widely used for manufacturing nylon 6. It exhibits lightweight properties, improved elasticity and excellent chemical resistance. As a result, it is used to form high-strength nylon fibers and resins that are further utilized for the production of textiles, carpets, films, brush bristles, industrial yarns, synthetic leather, plastics, plasticizers and lysine.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Caprolactam Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing utilization of nylon 6 in the textile industry. These fibers are characterized by excellent tensile elastic strength and fatigue, as well as heat resistance. Due to this, they are combined with elastane to attribute stretch-fit properties to the fibers that are used in the manufacturing of numerous clothing items, including casual wear, swimwear, sportswear and hosiery. These polymers are also employed in the automotive sector for the production of doors, windows, gear, airbags, tire cords and other components. Moreover, there has been a shifting preference toward lightweight vehicle components as their usage is associated with improved fuel efficiency. This, along with the significant growth in the automotive industry, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Furthermore, product innovations and extensive research and development (R&D) activities undertaken by the players have led to the introduction of bio-based caprolactam variants, which are gaining widespread prominence among end users. The development of caprolactam with minimal traces of ammonium sulfate, a hazardous by-product, is also creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 4% during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the source, the market has been divided into cyclohexane, phenol, toluene and others.
- Based on the end product, the market has been classified into nylon 6 fibers, nylon 6 resins and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into industrial yarns, engineering resins and films, textiles and carpets, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include AdvanSix Inc., Alpek S.A.B. de C.V., BASF SE, Capro Corporation, China Petrochemical Development Corporation, China Petrochemical Corporation (Sinopec), DOMO Chemicals GmbH, Gujarat State Fertilizers & Chemicals Limited, Koninklijke DSM N.V., LANXESS AG, Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., Toray Industries, Inc., and Ube Industries, Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800