According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Car Rental Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global car rental market size reached US$ 79.2 Billion in 2022. Car rental, or hire a car facility, refers to the process of renting a car for a short duration. These car rental services are provided by agencies that purchase several fleet vehicles and rent them to customers for a fee. Nowadays, individuals prefer to hire a car on rent as it is a more cost-effective alternative than owning a vehicle and offers freedom of movement and low-cost traveling. Some rental cars are also equipped with entertainment systems, global positioning systems (GPS), and Wi-Fi networks.
Global Car Rental Market Trends:
The global car rental market is primarily driven by the rapid growth of the information technology (IT) sector. With the rising penetration of smartphones, renting a car through online platforms has become the most preferred choice. Besides this, increased travel and tourism activities have encouraged individuals to opt for car rental services, such as taxis and carpooling, for improved mobility and cost-effective traveling. The high usage rate of car rental services by daily commuters and office goers is also providing a positive outlook to the market. Besides this, governments of various countries are emphasizing on minimizing their vehicular emissions. Consequently, car rental services have emerged as one of the most economical modes of transportation. On account of these factors, the market value is anticipated to reach US$ 95.7 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 3.1% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the booking type, the market has been segmented into online and offline bookings.
- On the basis of the rental length, the market has been categorized into short and long term rentals.
- The market has been divided based on the vehicle type into luxury, executive, economy, SUVs and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into leisure/tourism and business.
- The market has been classified based on the end-user into self and chauffeur-driven.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Avis Budget Group, Inc., Carzonrent India Private Limited, Eco rent a car, Enterprise Holdings, Inc., Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Europcar Mobility Group, Localiza, Sixt SE and The Hertz Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Booking Type, Rental Length, Vehicle Type, Application, End-User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Avis Budget Group, Inc., Carzonrent India Private Limited, Eco rent a car, Enterprise Holdings, Inc., Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Europcar, Localiza, Sixt SE and The Hertz Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800