According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) market reached a value of US$
1.8 Billion in 2022. Carboxymethyl cellulose refers to a water-soluble cellulose derivative that is generally extracted from agricultural wastes, wood pulp and pre cotton cellulose. It is a chemically stable, physiologically inert, and tasteless and odorless substance that is extensively utilized in the manufacturing of textiles, ceramic foams, paper, and biodegradable films. Along with this, it is also used as a lubricant to relieve discomfort and irritation due to dryness of the eyes. Additionally, it modifies the viscosity of the product by imparting a smooth texture. Consequently, the multifunctional aspects of carboxymethyl cellulose make it a key ingredient across multiple industries.
Global Patient Portal Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising product demand in the food and beverages industry. This is supported by the increasing utilization of CMC in the preparation of beverages and dry mixes due to its high solubility property. In line with this, the widespread adoption of the product for improving the consistency of sauces and bakery food items is creating a positive outlook for the market. Along with this, the increasing utilization of CMC in the manufacturing of multiple medical drugs and drug delivery systems is favorably influencing the market growth. Moreover, the growing preference for ecological and sustainable products among the masses is providing a boost to the market growth. Other factors, including the escalating demand for ready-to-eat food products due to the changing lifestyle patterns of individuals, the rising adoption of the product in the formulation of personal care products and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are further contributing to the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 2.3 Billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of
4% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the purity level, the market has been segregated into highly purified, technical grade and industrial grade.
- Based on the property, the market has been segregated into thickening agent, stabilizer, binder, anti-repository agent, lubricator, emulsifier and excipient.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segmented into food and beverages, oil and refining, pharmaceutical, paint and textile, cosmetics and personal care, paper coating and household care and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players are Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals Inc, Cellulose Solution Private Limited, Chongqing Lihong Fine Chemicals Co. Ltd., Daicel Corporation, DKS Co. Ltd, J.M. Huber Corporation, Lamberti S.p.A., Madhu Hydrocolloids Private Limited, Mikro-Technik GmbH & Company KG, Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd., Qingdao Sinocmc Chemical Co. Ltd., TCI Chemicals (India) Pvt. Ltd. and Zibo Hailan Chemical Co. Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal