IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Cardiac Biomarkers Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global cardiac biomarkers market size reached US$ 9.8 Billion in 2022. Cardiac biomarkers refer to endogenous substances released in the circulation when the heart is stressed or damaged. These substances comprise various enzymes, hormones, and proteins, such as myoglobin, troponin, creatine kinase, and ischemia-modified albumin. They can be detected in the bloodstream and act as a potential tool to diagnose heart diseases, such as cardiac ischemia and acute coronary syndrome (ACS). They assist in analyzing heart function, monitoring the prognosis of these conditions with higher precision, and providing the most effective treatment to patients. As a result, cardiac biomarker testing is gaining immense traction across the healthcare industry due to its accuracy and ability to identify diseases in their early stages.
Global Cardiac Biomarkers Market Trends:
The increasing prevalence of heart diseases due to sedentary lifestyles, changing dietary patterns, and unhealthy habits, such as excessive smoking and alcohol consumption, represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Besides this, high accuracy and rapid results offered by cardiac biomarker testing are acting as other major growth-inducing factors. Moreover, the escalating demand for point-of-care (POC) cardiac testing kits in nursing homes and home healthcare owing to their cost effectiveness and during emergencies for faster diagnosis has accelerated product adoption rates. Additionally, there has been a substantial rise in funding from public and private organizations for research and development (R&D) activities on cardiac biomarkers. In line with this, several favorable initiatives by governments of various countries to improve the accessibility of healthcare services have catalyzed market growth. Furthermore, the leading players are introducing innovative product variants such as multi-assay biomarkers. Along with this, the launch of numerous high-sensitivity troponin assays that aid in detecting the protein quickly and at relatively lower levels compared to conventional troponin tests has propelled the market growth. These biomarkers also assist in identifying the risk of future cardiac problems like heart attacks in individuals with no symptoms. Other factors, including the aging population, surging awareness regarding the importance of early disease diagnosis, improving healthcare infrastructure, and ongoing technological advancements, are also providing a positive thrust to the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 16.2 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 8.42% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been categorized into troponins (T and I), myocardial muscle creatine kinase (CK-MB), myoglobin, brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) or NT-proBNP, ischemia modified albumin (IMA) and others. Amongst these, troponins (T and I) represent the largest market segment.
- On the basis of the location of testing, the market has been bifurcated into laboratory and point of care testing. At present, laboratory testing accounts for the majority of the market share.
- The market has been segmented based on the application into myocardial infarction, congestive heart failure, acute coronary syndrome, atherosclerosis, and others. Presently, myocardial infarction exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, North America holds the leading position in the market. Other major regions include Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, Alere Inc., Beckman Coulter, Becton, Dickinson and Co., Biomerieux SA, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Randox Laboratories, Roche Diagnostics Corporation, Siemens Healthcare, and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800