The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Carp Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global carp market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period (2022-2027). Carp refers to a freshwater fish species that belong to the Cyprinidae family and appears greenish-brown in color. Silver carp, common carp, grass carp, bighead carp, crucian carp, Catla carp, and black carp are some of its common variants. It is rich in minerals, vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids, lean proteins, antioxidants, iron, iodine, thiamin, riboflavin, and calcium. It helps improve heart health, boosts immunity, relieves respiratory problems, strengthens bones and teeth, slows down aging, reduces muscle inflammation, regulates blood pressure levels, and enhances vision. As a result, carp is widely consumed across the globe due to its rich taste and nutritional value.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Carp Market Trends:
The increasing health consciousness among consumers and changing dietary preferences toward healthy foods have shifted individuals from high-calorie food products toward protein-rich diets. Along with this, the rising consumption of fish products and the growing awareness regarding the health benefits of carp, such as lowering the risk of chronic diseases and improving digestive health, have augmented the product demand. Besides this, the escalating demand for processed and packaged seafood, including canned, chilled, and frozen carp, has accelerated the product adoption rate due to rapid urbanization, hectic work schedules, and busy lifestyles. Furthermore, several key players are introducing premium quality carp-based products, such as gutted, headfish, semi-fillets, and fillets. Along with this, recent advancements in the cold chain infrastructure and supply chain systems have catalyzed market growth. Other factors, including the expanding aquaculture sector, surging number of fish trade activities, easy product availability via offline and online retail channels, and inflating consumer expenditure capacities, are also creating a favorable market outlook.
- Based on the species, the market has been segregated into silver, grass, crucian, common, bighead, and other carp species.
- The market has been divided based on the product into gutted and headfish, semi-fillets, fillets, and others.
- On the basis of the source, the market has been bifurcated into wild capture and aquaculture.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into hypermarkets and supermarkets, fish shops, open markets, online stores, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into the Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), North America (the United States and Canada), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa (Egypt, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Anhui Fuhuang Sungem Foodstuff Group Co. Ltd., Baiyang Investment Group Inc., Coarse Fish UK, Greenwater Fish Farm, Hampshire Carp Hatcheries, Priory Fishery Ltd, Quintons Orchard Fish Farm, and VS Fisheries Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800