The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Catheter-Directed Thrombolysis Devices Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global catheter-directed thrombolysis devices market reached a value of US$ 338.0 Million in 2021. Thrombosis is the formation of a thrombus in a blood vessel, which stops the blood circulation in an artery or vein. Catheter-directed thrombolysis (CDT) devices are medical devices that are used to remove or dissolve blood clots and restore blood circulation in the body. These devices are used to deliver the drugs directly to the blocking sites, which improves the blood flow and prevents the damage of tissues and organs. CDT devices include an x-ray camera, catheter, radiographic tables, one or two x-ray tubes, and a monitor to visualize the procedure. Other devices, such as ultrasound machines and heartbeat and blood pressure monitors, are also used to facilitate the procedure.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Catheter-Directed Thrombolysis Devices Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of cardiovascular diseases, kidney ailments, cancer, pulmonary embolism, and deep vein thrombosis. In addition to this, the rising geriatric and obese population who are more susceptible to serious medical conditions are also propelling the demand for CDT devices. Nowadays, individuals are increasingly gaining awareness regarding early detection and treatment of deep vein thrombosis diseases, along with CDT procedures that are minimally invasive in nature. Apart from this, governing bodies across various countries are providing favorable health insurance coverage and facilitating the easy availability of emergency medical services, which is significantly influencing the market growth. Besides this, the rising consumer medical expenditure and the demand for high-quality patient care is escalating the product demand. Furthermore, the advancements in CDT devices to reduce treatment time and associated healthcare costs are further creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to reach a value of US$ 467.0 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.57% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the delivery mode, the market has been segmented into directly delivery to blood clot and positioning medical device at clot site.
- On the basis of the indication, the market has been classified into pulmonary embolism (PE), deep vein thrombosis (DVT), stroke, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the end user into hospitals and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being AngioDynamics, Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, Inari Medical, Inc., iVascular, S.L.U, Medtronic Plc, Penumbra, Inc., Straub Medical AG (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Teleflex Incorporated, and Thrombolex Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.