According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Caustic Potash Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global caustic potash market size reached 2.5 Million Tons in 2019. Caustic potash refers to an alkaline, inorganic compound with the chemical formula KOH. Also known as potassium hydroxide, it is produced by the electrolysis of the brine prepared from potassium chloride and water. It is characterized by its white color and is widely available in the forms of pellets, flakes and powders. It is a potent base that generates heat when dissolved in water or alcohol. It is highly reactive, extremely corrosive and non-flammable at room temperature. Consequently, it is widely used as an industrial chemical across the chemical, industrial and manufacturing segments. It is also utilized as a stabilizer in food applications and as a cleaning agent and sanitizer in wineries for cleaning the biofilms of bacteria and yeast inside the tanks.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Caustic Potash Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing applications of caustic potash in the food and beverage sector. It is widely used as a stabilizer, thickening agent and a pH adjuster in the preparation of numerous food products. Along with this, KOH-based fertilizers are gaining widespread prominence in the agricultural sector for improving the overall crop yield. The market is further driven by the increasing utilization of the compound in wet mount preparation of various clinical specimens for microscopic visualization of fungi and fungal elements in hair, skin, nails and vaginal secretions. Furthermore, it is an extremely versatile cleaning agent that is employed in the production of lotions, shampoos and liquid soaps. These expanding applications of caustic potash in diverse end use sectors, along with extensive research and development (R&D), are some of the factors creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to exhibit moderate growth during 2020-2025.
- Based on the form, the market has been bifurcated into solid and liquid caustic potash, wherein the liquid form currently represents the most preferred segment.
- On the basis of the grade, the market has been divided into industrial, reagent and pharma grades. Among these, the industrial grade exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the end-use, potassium carbonate accounts for the majority of the total market share. The other major segments include potassium phosphates, potassium soaps and detergents, liquid fertilizers, agricultural chemicals, and others.
- On the geographical front, Asia Pacific holds the leading position in the market. Other major regions include North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Unid Co., Ltd., Occidental Chemical Corporation, Tessenderlo Group NV, Olin Corporation, ERCO Worldwide, and Chengdu Huarong Chemical Co., Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.