A ceiling fan is an electrically-powered mechanical fan which employs hub-mounted rotating blades in order to produce and circulate the air. It cools the space by rotating its paddles in a clockwise direction which creates movement in the still air. In the developing nations, ceiling fans are immensely popular owing to their cost-effectiveness and a longer life-span of approximately 10 years. On the contrary, ceilings fans are evading from the developed nations such as the United States or Europe, since the emergence of air conditioners. A new research report by IMARC Group, titled “Ceiling Fan Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, estimates that the market reached a value of US$ 9,288 Million in 2018. The report further anticipates the market to reach approximately US$ 11,332 Million by 2024, at a projected CAGR of 3.3% over the forecast period.
- The major factor that is boosting the market growth is flourishing construction industry globally. Moreover, the governments across various nations are investing in housing projects for the dwellers in slums and rural areas, in order to provide them with basic amenities.
- Apart from this, manufacturers have been constantly expanding their product portfolio by introducing premium product line such as decorative fans with lighting. This has highly contributed to the growth of the global ceiling fan market.
- Some of the other forces which are further stimulating the market growth include soaring population, elevating disposable incomes, urbanisation and rising electrification rates in emerging nations.
- However, the market growth faces several challeneges. The ceiling fan market is facing a constant hindrance in their demand due to the emergence of substitutes such as air conditioners which are gaining traction worldwide.
Product Type Insights:
On the basis of type, standard ceiling fans exhibit a clear dominance in the global market. The other products types include decorative fans, high speed fans and energy saving fans.
Based on end-use, the report finds that residential currently represents the largest end-use sector, followed by commercial sector. This is due to the fact that ceiling fans are economical, provide comfort and adds to the house decor.
On a geographical front, China enjoys a leading position in the global ceiling fan market. China is followed India, the European Union, the United States and Brazil.
The market is fragmented with the presence of many small and large manufacturers who compete in terms of prices and quality. There prevails a strong competition in the market which makes it difficult for small players to survive. Some of the leading players operating in the market are:
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Hunter Fan
- Shell Electric MFG Co. Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal