According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Cell Culture Protein Surface Coating Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global cell culture protein surface coating market reached a value of US$ 555 Million in 2021. Cell culture protein surface coating is essential for enhancing the adhesion and proliferation of different cells in in-vitro conditions and their isolation. The procedure involves coating the cell structure surfaces using extracellular matrix or protein, such as collagen, laminin, fibronectin and vitronectin. It assists cells to grow, survive and function in artificially controlled environments. The procedure helps researchers in understanding the roles of proteins in cell attachment, migration and function. As a result, it is widely used for stem cell and drug research for studying cellular functions, drug discovery and genetic engineering.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Cell Culture Protein Surface Coating Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing initiatives by numerous biotechnology companies in stem cell research, supported by government funding. As stem cells are extremely efficient in the treatment of several diseases, such as cancer and cardiovascular disorders, the rising incidences of these chronic diseases on the global level are acting as another major growth-inducing factor. The market is also driven by the increasing adoption of 3D cell culture that facilitates the growth of biological cells in a controlled environment by interacting with their surroundings. The introduction of innovative therapies through the use of 3D culture is expected to create a positive outlook for the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include continual developments to improve the healthcare infrastructure and extensive research and development (R&D). On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.7% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the protein source, the market has been divided into animal-derived, human-derived, synthetic and plant-derived proteins.
- Based on the type of coating, the market has been classified into self-coating and pre-coatings (microwell plates, petri dish, flask, slides and others).
- On the basis of the application, the market has been bifurcated into scientific research and industrial production.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Abcam plc, Agilent Technologies, BioVision Inc., Corning Incorporated, Greiner Bio-One International GmbH, Kollodis BioSciences Inc., Merck KGaA, PerkinElmer Inc., Promega Corporation, Qiagen N.V., Sartorius AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Trevigen Inc. (Bio-Techne) and Viogene.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal