According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Cell Separation Technologies Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global cell separation technologies market size reached US$ 9.0 Billion in 2022. Cell separation technologies, also known as cell isolation or cell sorting, are techniques used to separate specific cell types from a heterogeneous population of cells based on their extracellular properties. They are essential in many areas of biological research, such as immunology, cancer biology, stem cell research, and regenerative medicine. Some of the standard techniques employed for cell separation include microfluidic cell sorting, fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS), magnetic-activated cell sorting (MACS), immunogenicity cell isolation, and density gradient configuration. These technologies find numerous applications in the healthcare sector, such as isolating rare tumor cells or stem cells for further analysis or therapeutic purposes. In addition to this, they are widely employed for studying cellular heterogeneity, which is critical for understanding the mechanisms of disease and developing personalized medicine approaches.
Global Cell Separation Technologies Market Trends:
The expanding adoption of cell separation technologies in the flourishing pharmaceutical sector to improve drug discovery and develop drugs with enhanced efficacies is primarily driving the market growth. Besides this, the introduction of advanced isolation tools that enable the continuous examination of nucleic acids, chromatin, proteins, and other complex cells is presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. Moreover, the rising demand for personalized and regenerative medicines, an increased focus on stem cell research, and growing product utilization for producing vaccines for various diseases, such as influenza, human papillomavirus (HPV), and rotavirus, are creating a positive outlook for the market. Concurrent with this, extensive investments in research and development (R&D) activities in the biotechnology sector to develop novel cell-based treatments and therapies for various chronic diseases are aiding in market expansion. In addition to this, the widespread prevalence of chronic conditions, such as cancer, acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), and cystic fibrosis, particularly among the geriatric population, is impelling the market growth. Furthermore, the implementation of initiatives undertaken by governments of various countries to fortify healthcare infrastructure by enhancing cell-based technology is strengthening the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 22.2 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 15.6% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product, the market is bifurcated into instruments and consumables.
- On the basis of the cell type, the market has been divided into human and animal cells.
- Based on technology, the market is categorized into centrifugation-based, surface marker-based, and filtration-based cell separation.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into oncology research, neuroscience research, stem cell research, microbiology, immunology research, and others.
- Based on the end user, the market is classified into research laboratories and institutes, biotechnology and biopharmaceutical companies, and cell banks.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Akadeum Life Sciences, Alfa Laval AB, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Corning Incorporated, Merck KGaA, Miltenyi Biotec Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., pluriSelect Life Science UG (haftungsbeschränkt) & Co. KG, Stemcell Technologies Inc., Terumo Corporation and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Cell Type, Technology, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Akadeum Life Sciences, Alfa Laval AB, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Corning Incorporated, Merck KGaA, Miltenyi Biotec Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., pluriSelect Life Science UG (haftungsbeschränkt) & Co. KG, Stemcell Technologies Inc., Terumo Corporation and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800