According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Ceramic Matrix Composites Market by Composite Type (Silicon Carbide Reinforced Silicon Carbide (SIC/SIC), Carbon Reinforced Carbon (C/C), Oxide-Oxide (Ox/Ox), and Others), Fiber Type (Short Fiber, Continuous Fiber), Fiber Material (Alumina Fiber, Refractory Ceramic Fiber (RCF), SiC Fiber, and Others), Application (Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Energy and Power, Electricals and Electronics, and Others), and Region 2023-2028,” the global ceramic matrix composites market size reached US$ 9.90 Billion in 2022. Ceramic matrix composites (CMCs) are advanced materials engineered for high-performance applications in various industries. These composites consist of ceramic fibers embedded within a ceramic matrix, resulting in a lightweight and exceptionally durable material. CMCs possess remarkable heat and wear resistance, making them ideal for extreme environments, such as in the aerospace, energy, and automotive sectors. The combination of ceramic's inherent hardness and stability with the flexibility and strength of fibers create a synergistic material that outperforms traditional metals and ceramics. These composites offer a unique solution to the challenges posed by high temperatures, corrosive environments, and mechanical stress, presenting new possibilities for enhancing operational efficiency and longevity across diverse applications.
Global Ceramic Matrix Composites Market Trends:
The increasing demand for lightweight and robust materials in the aerospace and aviation industry is one of the major factors contributing to the market. CMC has an exceptional strength-to-weight ratio that addresses the need for fuel efficiency and reduced emissions, leading to enhanced performance and decreased operational costs. Additionally, the growing utilization of CMC in the energy sector, such as gas turbines and nuclear reactors, due to its ability to endure extreme temperatures and resistance to chemical degradation, is providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Moreover, the increasing government regulations and consumer preferences for eco-friendly vehicles prompting manufacturers to seek lightweight materials that maintain safety standards in the automotive industry, is also contributing to the market growth. In addition to this, the growing product application to enhance the battery efficiency and range in electric vehicles (EV) is supporting the market growth. Furthermore, the continuous research and development (R&D) efforts to enhance CMC manufacturing processes and reduce production costs, coupled with increasing collaborations between academic institutions, research organizations, and industry players, are providing remunerative opportunities for the market growth. Besides this, the widespread application of CMC in the healthcare sector for their biocompatibility, resistance to wear, and potential for use in implantable medical devices is anticipated to drive the market growth. In confluence with this, the increasing product utilization for orthopedics, dental, and even tissue engineering applications is creating a positive outlook for the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 18.25 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 10.23% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the composite type, the market has been segmented into silicon carbide reinforced silicon carbide (SIC/SIC), carbon reinforced carbon (C/C), oxide-oxide (Ox/Ox), and others. According to the report, oxide-oxide (Ox/Ox) represents the largest segment.
- On the basis of the fiber type, the market has been bifurcated as short and continuous fiber. Among these, continuous fiber accounts for the largest market share.
- Based on the fiber material, the market has been classified into alumina fiber, refractory ceramic fiber (RCF), SiC fiber and others. According to the report, SiC fiber represents the largest segment.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into aerospace and defense, automotive, energy and power, electricals and electronics and others. Among these, aerospace and defense account for the largest market share.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America is the largest market for ceramic matrix composites.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being 3M Company, Applied Thin Films Inc., Axiom Materials Inc., CeramTec GmbH, COI Ceramics Inc., CoorsTek Inc., Lancer Systems LP, SGL Carbon SE, Specialty Materials Inc. (Global Materials LLC), Starfire Systems Inc., Ultramet, etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Composite Types Covered
||Silicon Carbide Reinforced Silicon Carbide (SIC/SIC), Carbon Reinforced Carbon (C/C), Oxide-Oxide (Ox/Ox), Others
|Fiber Types Covered
||Short Fiber, Continuous Fiber
|Fiber Materials Covered
||Alumina Fiber, Refractory Ceramic Fiber (RCF), SiC Fiber, Others
||Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Energy and Power, Electricals and Electronics, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||3M Company, Applied Thin Films Inc., Axiom Materials Inc., CeramTec GmbH, COI Ceramics Inc., CoorsTek Inc., Lancer Systems LP, SGL Carbon SE, Specialty Materials Inc. (Global Materials LLC), Starfire Systems Inc., Ultramet, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800