According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Ceramide Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global ceramide market reached a value of US$
372.9 Million in 2022. Ceramide refers to lipids commonly found in cell membranes that are concentrated in the upper layers of the skin. It can also be extracted from multiple plant resources, including soybeans, rice and wheat. On the other hand, it can be synthetically produced via microbial fermentation of multiple microorganisms. It generally consists of fatty acids and sphingosine that play an essential role in creating a barrier from harsh environmental factors and helps in providing a youthful appearance. Besides this, it is used as a key ingredient in the formulation of skin medications that are majorly used in the treatment of various skin conditions, such as eczema and inflammation.
Global Ceramide Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the escalating product demand in the formulation of skincare and cosmetic products. This is supported by the growing preference for antiaging products due to the widespread preference for maintaining an aesthetic appearance among the masses. In line with this, the rising prevalence of various skin-related conditions as a consequence of the gradual reduction of ceramides in the skin is providing a boost to their demand. Along with this, the increasing geriatric population, inflating disposable income levels of individuals and the immense popularity of social media are creating a positive market outlook. Additionally, continuous improvements across the e-commerce sector and the advent of online delivery models are providing an impetus to the product demand. Other factors, including rapid urbanization and extensive research and development activities conducted by key players, are also positively influencing the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$
531.9 Million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into natural and synthetic.
- Based on the process, the market has been segregated into fermentation and plant extract ceramides.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segmented into cosmetics, food and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Air Liquide S.A., Anderson Global Group LLC, Arkema S.A., Ashland Inc., Cayman Chemical Company, Croda International Plc, Evonik Industries AG, Incospharm Corporation, Jarchem Industries Inc., Kao Corporation, Toyobo Co. Ltd. and Vantage Specialty Chemicals
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal