According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Chlor-Alkali Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the Global Chlor-Alkali market reached a value of US$ 63.2 Million in 2021. Chlor-alkali refers to a chemical combination of chlorine and caustic soda formed by the electrolysis of sodium chloride solution. It is commonly used to produce chlorine and sodium-based products, such as chlorosulphonic acid, bleaching powder, hydrogen gas, chlorinated paraffin and polyaluminum chloride. Diaphragm cell, membrane cell and mercury cell process are some of the commonly used methods to produce chlor-alkali. It is widely used in the water purification processes, manufacturing plastics and resins, and producing pure silicon, which is further used in electronic components and solar panels. As a result, chlor-alkali finds extensive application across chemicals, paper and pulp, pharmaceuticals, textile, and beauty and personal care industries.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Chlor-Alkali Market Trends-
The increasing demand for chlor-alkali products, such as chlorine, soda ash, and caustic soda and its derivatives as a necessary raw material across industries represents the one of the key factors creating a positive outlook for the market. In line with this, they are widely used to make dyes, paper, textiles, bleached paper products, and synthesize many organic and inorganic chemicals. Furthermore, the widespread product utilization in the medical and healthcare industry for chlorination of water distribution systems used in hemodialysis centers, cleaning of surfaces, decontamination of medical waste and disinfection of laundry are propelling the market growth. Apart from this, various technological advancements, such as the utilization of membrane cell technology that assists in saving energy, reducing energy consumption and producing high purity caustic solutions, are providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, the increasing product demand for the manufacturing of polyvinyl chloride (PVC), which is widely used in the construction industry for producing frames, pipes and windows, is positively impacting the market growth. Other factors, including the significant growth in the automobile industry and the increasing utilization of chlor-alkali for water treatment applications, especially during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic outbreak, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 85.8 Million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 5.1% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been classified into caustic soda, chlorine, soda ash, and others.
- Based on the production process, the market has been classified into membrane cell, diaphragm cell, and others
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into pulp and paper, organic chemical, inorganic chemical, soap and detergent, alumina, textile, and others.
- Based on region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include AGC Inc., Akzo Nobel N.V., Covestro AG, Formosa Plastics Corporation, INOVYN Chlorvinyls Limited (INEOS AG), Kemira Oyj, Occidental Petroleum Corporation, Olin Corporation, PCC SE, Tosoh Corporation, Vynova Group (The International Chemical Investors Group) and Westlake Chemical Corporation (TTWF LP).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800