IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Chromatography Resins Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global chromatography resins market size reached US$ 2.1 Billion in 2021. Chromatography resins refer to media used to capture and polish monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), vaccines, antibody fragments, and other biomolecules utilizing a stationary phase. They provide support to polysaccharide beads that are packed and held into a column. They are commonly available in various types with different purification efficiency, flow resistance, and binding capacity for analytical and purification purposes. They are widely utilized to aid chromatography processes, such as the purification of antibodies and the immobilization of biomolecules. Nowadays, the leading manufacturers are focusing on developing advanced chromatography resins with high-capacity, salt-tolerant, high-resolution anion exchangers that facilitate enhanced separation, better product yields, unique selectivity, and lower downstream purification costs.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Chromatography Resins Market Trends:
The escalating product demand from the pharmaceutical industry for use in various applications, including separation of chemical and biomolecules, protein purification for drug delivery, and diagnostics, represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Besides this, the increasing monoclonal antibody production due to the growing prevalence of chronic diseases, such as cancer, tuberculosis, and autoimmune disorders, has augmented the product demand. Furthermore, chromatography is gaining immense traction in downstream processing and separation of biological macromolecules produced from blood plasma, mAbs, albumin, and recombinant deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) products, including insulin, vaccines, growth hormones, interferons, and tissue plasminogen activator. In line with this, the surging need for effective treatment solutions to contain the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has accelerated the adoption of chromatography resins for vaccine testing and diagnostics. Additionally, the introduction of multi-performance resins and organic variants is anticipated to expand product applications across the petrochemical, medical, water treatment, and food and beverage (F&B) sectors. Other factors, including the increasing government funding for research and development (R&D), rising healthcare expenditure, and surging product utilization to analyze adulterated food, are also creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 3.1 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 7.3% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the product, the market has been bifurcated into natural and synthetic resins.
- On the basis of the technique, the market has been classified into ion exchange, affinity, hydrophobic interaction, size exclusion, and others.
- The market has been divided based on the end use into pharmaceuticals, water and environmental agencies, food and beverages, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Agilent Technologies Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Merck KGaA, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Perkinelmer Inc., Purolite Corporation, Repligen Corporation, Sepragen Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Tosoh Corporation, and W. R. Grace & Co.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800