The latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Cling Films Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," finds that the global cling films market reached a value of US$
1.4 Billion in 2022. Cling films, also known as plastic wraps, are thin, transparent plastic sheets manufactured from polyvinylidene chloride (PVC), polyethylene, and polyvinylidene dichloride (PVDC). They are widely used for packaging various edible and non-edible items as they adhere to themselves and other smooth surfaces. They are also utilized to seal and secure food products, keep flowers fresh, line shelves, and prevent freezer burns. They exhibit excellent tensile strength, heat resistance, transparency, and adhesive properties. In recent years, cling films have gained traction over traditionally used shrink films due to their higher flexibility and ability to wrap multiple products together.
Global Cling Films Market Trends:
Cling films are extensively used for packaging food items in containers to prevent dust, insects, and microbial contamination, extend their shelf life, maintain freshness, and reduce the risks of food spoilage and wastage. As a result, the expanding food and beverage (F&B) industry and the shifting consumer preferences toward packaged food represent the primary factors driving the market growth. Besides this, the escalating demand for frozen meat and seafood products is another major growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the growing need for sustainable packaging across various end use sectors, including healthcare and consumer goods, has accelerated the adoption of cling films. Furthermore, several key players are launching innovative product variants, such as biodegradable, compostable, and high-gloss cling films, to expand their product portfolio and consumer base. Along with this, the rising popularity of natural polymer-based cling films as an environment-friendly and cost-effective alternative to non-biodegradable petroleum-based synthetic films has catalyzed the product demand. Other factors, including the widespread product usage to wrap medical devices, the emerging trend of online food ordering, and increasing applications of bio-based cling films, are also providing a positive thrust to the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$
1.8 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of
4.8% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the material type, the market has been categorized into polyethylene, biaxially oriented polypropylene, PVC, PVDC, and others.
- On the basis of the form, the market has been bifurcated into cast and blow cling films.
- The market has been divided based on the thickness into up to 9, 9 to 12, and above 12 microns.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been classified into food, healthcare, consumer goods, and others.
- On a geographical front, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being 3M Company, ADEX S.r.l., Anchor Packaging LLC, Berry Global Inc., CeDo Ltd., Dow Inc., Harwal Group of Companies, Intertape Polymer Group Inc., Jindal Poly Films Limited (Jindal Group), Klöckner Pentaplast (KP Holding GmbH & Co. KG), Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, MOLCO GmbH, Multi Wrap (Pty) Ltd., and Nan Ya Plastics Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800