According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Cloud-Based VDI Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global cloud-based VDI market reached a value of US$
5.8 Billion in 2021. Cloud-based virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) represents a workplace visualization and management technology that enables organizations and employees to create and operate simulated desktops through a remote server setup. It is driven by cloud-based storage systems hosted on the virtual machine (VM) through which a computer-generated image is delivered over a centralized network to an endpoint. Cloud-based VDI assists in accessing applications, interacting with operating systems, and providing integrated troubleshooting solutions at cost-effective rates. Due to the aforementioned properties, it is widely adopted by enterprises and end-use industries to enhance workspace mobility, eliminate security risks, and optimize productivity and work experience.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Cloud-Based VDI Market Trends:
The widespread adoption of cloud-based VDI across various industrial verticals can be attributed to the increasing need for remote access and enhanced centralized management systems to provide improved data backup and reliable computing solutions to the users. This, along with the rising instances of fraudulent activities and cyberattacks, represents some of the key factors driving the market growth. Additionally, the sudden outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic and the consequent implementation of mandatory lockdowns have resulted in the uptake of work from home (WFH) and bring your own device (BYOD) models within the corporate framework. This, in turn, is acting as a major growth-inducing factor. In line with this, the escalating demand for hybrid cloud solutions owing to its high capability of offering optimized solutions and its integration with artificial intelligence (AI) and virtual reality (VR) technologies are contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the extensive utilization of cloud-based VDI in the healthcare industry to enable professionals to remotely access accurate patient data in real-time through mobile devices is propelling the market growth. Other factors, such as rapid urbanization, particularly in emerging economies, inflating sales of various consumer electronics, strategic collaborations amongst key players, and continuous investments in research and development (R&D) activities to enhance the efficacy of cloud-based VDI, are creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$
14.4 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 16.27% during 2022-2027
- Based on the deployment type, the market has been categorized into private, public, and hybrid.
- On the basis of the end-user, the market has been segregated into small and medium, and large enterprises.
- Based on the vertical, the market has been segmented into BFSI, government, healthcare, telecom and IT, education, and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Amazon Web Services Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Citrix Systems Inc., Dell Inc., Hp Inc., International Business Machines, Microsoft Corporation, NComputing Co. Ltd., Rackspace Us Inc., Vmware Inc., etc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal