The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Cloud Kitchen Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global cloud kitchen market size reached a value of US$ 56.71 Billion in 2021. A cloud kitchen is a food delivery service that operates from a centralized virtual space or any location, such as parking spaces, warehouses, or basements. They can be owned by a brand or a third party working with different brands. Cloud kitchens are more affordable to run than conventional kitchens in dine-in restaurants, as they do not require dine-in facilities or costs related to property and location. They also have a high-profit margin, minimize administrative hassles, and help focus on marketing and logistics to reach a larger audience base. In recent years, cloud kitchen has gained popularity in the food and beverage industry as large operators are adapting their businesses to a rising trend of online food delivery demand.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Cloud Kitchen Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing consumer preference for online food services over dining experiences. Besides this, the rising demand for food products that can be prepared and served within a minimal range of time due to the hectic work schedules of millennials and Gen Z is also significantly impacting the market growth. In addition, the recent outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic has resulted in the shift toward online food ordering and delivery services as governments have implemented preventive measures to stop the spread of the virus. As a result, cloud kitchens are gaining popularity to maintain business continuity and deliver food without the hassle. Moreover, the growing use of smartphones, and the easy access to high-speed internet and vast catalog, have also escalated the demand for cloud kitchens. Furthermore, key players are offering an enhanced experience to the consumers by providing seamless integration of point of sale (POS), kitchen display (KDS), and inventory management technologies, which are facilitating the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is expected to reach US$ 112.53 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 11.50% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into independent cloud kitchen, commissary/shared kitchen, and kitchen pods.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been classified into burger and sandwich, pizza and pasta, chicken, seafood, Mexican and Asian food, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the nature into franchised and standalone.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being CloudKitchens, DoorDash Inc., Kitchen United, Kitopi Catering Services LLC, Lightspeed Commerce Inc., PAR Technology Corporation, POSist Technologies Private Limited, Rebel Foods, Starbucks Coffee Company, Swiggy Platform, and Toast Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
IMARC Services Private Limited
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800 Americas:- +1 631 791 1145
Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331
Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800