According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Collagen Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global collagen market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Collagen is a fibrous protein comprising three polypeptide chains arranged in a parallel triple-helix. It is mainly derived from bovine sources, chicken and fish scales. It assists in forming the structure of bones, making up cartilage and connective tissues, and preventing blood from bursting the walls of arteries. It also aids in improving the skin quality, muscle function and reducing the pain associated with osteoarthritis. As a result, it is widely employed as a vital ingredient in the production of cosmetics and personal care products worldwide.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Collagen Market Trends:
There is a rise in the adoption of collagen in the formulation of dietary protein supplements, carriers, food additives, edible films, and coatings. This represents one of the key factors propelling the growth of the market. Collagen finds extensive applications in the food and beverage (F&B) industry on account of its ability to enhance the nutritional and health value of various products. Apart from this, the increasing instances of collagen deficiency are resulting in several disorders, such as scurvy, oral submucous fibrosis, systematic sclerosis, and epidermolysis bullosa. Consequently, leading players are funding the development of recombinant collagen technologies. This, along with growing awareness among individuals about personal health, is creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to expand at a CAGR of around 5% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the source, the market has been divided into bovine, porcine, poultry, marine, and others. At present, the bovine segment holds the largest market share.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been categorized into gelatin, hydrolyzed collagen, native collagen, synthetic collagen, and others. Presently, gelatin accounts for the majority of the total market share.
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into food and beverage [functional food, functional beverages, dietary supplements, confectionery, desserts, and meat processing]; healthcare [bone and joint health supplements, wound dressing, tissue regeneration, medical implants, cardiology, and drug delivery]; cosmetics [beauty supplements (nutricosmetics) and topical cosmetic products]; and others. Currently, the healthcare sector dominates the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (Indonesia, Australia, South Korea, India, China, Japan, and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Russia, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, and others); Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, and others); and Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, Europe enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Advanced BioMatrix, Inc., Rosen’s Diversified Inc., ConnOils LLC, Croda International Plc, Gelita Deutschland GmbH, Gelnex, Italgelatine S.p.A., Koninklijke DSM N.V., Lapi Gelatin Spa, Nippi Collagen NA Inc., Nitta Gelatin NA Inc., Darling Ingredients Inc., and Tessenderlo Group NV.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal