According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Commercial Aircraft Windshields and Windows Market by Aircraft Type (Narrowbody Aircraft, Widebody Aircraft, Regional Aircraft), Material (Polycarbonate, Glass, Acrylic, and Others), Application (Cabin Windows, Cockpit Windshields), Distribution Channel (Aftermarket, OEM), and Region 2023-2028,” the global commercial aircraft windshields and windows market size reached US$ 721.46 Million in 2022. Commercial aircraft windshields and windows are essential components of an airplane's structure, providing visibility and protection to pilots and passengers. The windshields are specifically designed to withstand extreme conditions, including high altitudes, pressure differentials, and impact with birds or other debris. These windshields and windows are constructed from multiple layers of high-strength glass or transparent polymers and laminated together with interlayers to enhance their integrity and resistance to cracking. Special coatings may be applied to reduce glare and provide ultraviolet (UV) protection. The design and construction of aircraft windshields and windows must adhere to stringent safety standards and regulations to ensure the well-being of those on board. Their functionality extends beyond visibility, contributing to the aircraft's aerodynamics and overall performance.
Global Commercial Aircraft Windshields and Windows Market Trends:
The increased air travel demand, particularly in emerging economies, is fueling the need for new aircraft, consequently boosting the market for windshields and windows. In line with this, the rising focus on enhancing safety standards and fuel efficiency has led to the development of advanced materials and technologies in aircraft windshields and windows, which, in turn, is favoring the market growth. Moreover, stringent regulatory requirements, emphasizing adherence to stringent quality and safety norms, are creating a positive outlook for market expansion. Concurrent with this, the advent of next-generation commercial aircraft that are lighter and more aerodynamically efficient necessitates the incorporation of high-strength, lightweight materials in windshields and windows, thereby bolstering the market growth. Additionally, the need for replacements and upgrades in existing fleets, driven by continuous technological advancements and regulatory compliance, is acting as another significant growth-inducing factor. Concurrent with this, the escalating environmental consciousness and the trend toward sustainable practices are encouraging manufacturers to explore eco-friendly materials and production processes, presenting lucrative opportunities for market expansion. Furthermore, an increasing number of collaborations between manufacturers, researchers, and regulatory bodies is fostering innovation and standardization, contributing to the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is anticipated to reach US$ 872.45 Million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 3.13% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the aircraft type, the market has been segregated into narrowbody, widebody, and regional aircraft. Among these, narrowbody aircraft accounted for the majority of the market share.
- Based on the material, the market is categorized into polycarbonate, glass, acrylic, and others. Currently, acrylic represents the largest segment.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into cabin windows and cockpit windshields. Between these, cabin windows are the most popular market segment.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market is bifurcated into aftermarket and OEM. At present, aftermarket dominates the market.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa. Among these, North America is the largest market for commercial aircraft windshields and windows.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Aerospace Plastic Components, Control Logistics Inc., Gentex Corporation, GKN Aerospace, Lee Aerospace, Llamas Plastics Inc., LP Aero Plastics Inc., Plexiweiss GmbH, PPG Industries Inc., Saint-Gobain SA, Tech-Tool Plastics Inc., The NORDAM Group LLC, etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Aircraft Types Covered
||Narrowbody Aircraft, Widebody Aircraft, Regional Aircraft
||Polycarbonate, Glass, Acrylic, Others
||Cabin Windows, Cockpit Windshields
|Distribution Channels Covered
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Aerospace Plastic Components, Control Logistics Inc., Gentex Corporation, GKN Aerospace, Lee Aerospace, Llamas Plastics Inc., LP Aero Plastics Inc., Plexiweiss GmbH, PPG Industries Inc., Saint-Gobain SA, Tech-Tool Plastics Inc., The NORDAM Group LLC, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800