According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Commercial Drones Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, the global commercial drones market size reached US$ 16.06 Billion in 2021. A commercial drone is an autonomous, semi-autonomous or remote-operated unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) that is designed for industrial purposes, such as aerial photography, cargo management, weather monitoring, traffic control, and green mapping. This device generates programmed movements using flight control computers, receivers, GPS, thermal cameras, LiDAR sensors, and ultrasonic and collision avoidance sensors. As a part of surveying and performing high-quality aerial photography and filming, commercial drones can also map areas in real-time. As a result, these devices are used in a variety of industries, including agriculture, media and entertainment, energy, and government.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Commercial Drones Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the augmenting product demand in the real estate and construction sector. This can be attributed to the escalating safety and surveillance concerns regarding construction sites. In addition to this, the rising integration of advanced technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI), internet of things (IoT) and machine learning (ML), with drones are providing an impetus to the market. Moreover, the rapid product utilization in the aerospace and defense sector for communicating in high demanding environments, search and rescue operations and military activities are also creating a positive outlook for the market. Apart from this, continual product innovations, such as autonomous command and control, the emergence of high-speed 5G network connectivity, and real-time cloud computing technologies, are further propelling the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include inflating disposable income levels and extensive research and development (R&D) activities. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 71.99 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 26.60% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the weight, the market has been segmented into <2 Kg, 2 Kg-25 Kg and 25 Kg-150 Kg.
- Based on the system, the market has been categorized as hardware (airframe, propulsion system, payloads and others) and software.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been classified into fixed wing, rotary blade and hybrid.
- Based on the mode of operation, the market has been divided into remotely operated, semi-autonomous and autonomous.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into filming and photography, inspection and maintenance, mapping and surveying, precision agriculture, surveillance and monitoring and others.
- On the basis of the end use, the market has been classified into agriculture, delivery and logistics, energy, media and entertainment, real estate and construction, security and law enforcement, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Aeronavics Ltd., AeroVironment Inc., Autel Robotics, Delair, Insitu Inc. (The Boeing Company), Leptron Unmanned Aircraft Systems Inc., PrecisionHawk Inc., SenseFly (AgEagle Aerial Sys), Skydio Inc., SZ DJI Technology Co. Ltd. (iFlight Technology Company Limited), and Yuneec International.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800