According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Commercial Drones Market Report by Weight (<2 Kg, 2 Kg-25 Kg, 25 Kg-150 Kg), System (Hardware, Software), Product (Fixed Wing, Rotary Blade, Hybrid), Mode of Operation (Remotely Operated, Semi-Autonomous, Autonomous), Application (Filming and Photography, Inspection and Maintenance, Mapping and Surveying, Precision Agriculture, Surveillance and Monitoring, and Others), End Use (Agriculture, Delivery and Logistics, Energy, Media and Entertainment, Real Estate and Construction, Security and Law Enforcement, and Others), and Region 2023-2028,” the global commercial drones market size reached US$ 20.7 Billion in 2022. Commercial drones, also known as unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) or remotely piloted aircraft systems (RPAS), are aircraft that are operated without a human pilot on board. They are equipped with cameras, sensors, and other technology to perform a wide range of tasks. They offer cost-effective and efficient solutions for tasks that would be challenging or expensive to perform using traditional methods. As a result, they find applications in aerial photography and videography, surveying and mapping, crop monitoring, search and rescue operations, and product delivery around the world.
Global Commercial Drones Market Trends:
At present, the increasing demand for commercial drones due to the continuous evolution of drone technology, including improvements in battery life, sensors, and communication systems, making them more versatile and efficient, represents one of the key factors supporting the growth of the market. In addition, commercial drones offer cost-effective solutions for various industries, such as agriculture, construction, and logistics, by reducing the need for manual labor and improving operational efficiency. Besides this, the escalating demand for drones equipped with advanced cameras and sensors that provide valuable data while enhancing decision-making processes is strengthening the growth of the market. Moreover, the development of clear and standardized regulations for drone operations is offering lucrative growth opportunities to industry investors. Apart from this, the growing utilization of commercial drones for monitoring pollution, wildlife conservation, and forest management is positively influencing the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 84.30 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 25.90% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the weight, the market has been segregated into <2 kg, 2 kg-25 kg, and 25 kg-150 kg. At present, <2 kg dominates the market.
- On the basis of the system, the market has been bifurcated into hardware (airframe, propulsion system, payloads, and others) and software. Presently, hardware represents the largest segment.
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into fixed wing, rotary blade, and hybrid. Rotatory blade currently holds the biggest market share.
- On the basis of the mode of operation, the market has been divided into remotely operated, semi-autonomous, and autonomous. At present, remotely operated exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the application, the market has been categorized into filming and photography, inspection and maintenance, mapping and surveying, precision agriculture, surveillance and monitoring, and others. Presently, filming and photography account for the largest market share.
- On the basis of the end use, the market has been classified into agriculture, delivery and logistics, energy, media and entertainment, real estate and construction, security and law enforcement, and others. At present, media and entertainment dominate the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Aeronavics Ltd., AeroVironment Inc., Autel Robotics, Delair, Insitu Inc. (The Boeing Company), Leptron Unmanned Aircraft Systems Inc., PrecisionHawk Inc., SenseFly (AgEagle Aerial Sys), Skydio Inc., SZ DJI Technology Co. Ltd. (iFlight Technology Company Limited), and Yuneec International.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Weight, System, Product, Mode of Operation, Application, End Use, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Aeronavics Ltd., AeroVironment Inc., Autel Robotics, Delair, Insitu Inc. (The Boeing Company), Leptron Unmanned Aircraft Systems Inc., PrecisionHawk Inc., SenseFly (AgEagle Aerial Sys), Skydio Inc., SZ DJI Technology Co. Ltd. (iFlight Technology Company Limited) and Yuneec International.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800