The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Commercial Seaweeds Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global commercial seaweeds market size reached US$ 19.5 Billion in 2022. Seaweeds are multicellular, macroscopic marine species that are consumed and used to preparedifferentcuisines. They are sea vegetables consisting of various essential nutrients such as vitamins, antioxidants, fiber, iodine, tyrosine, riboflavin, thiamine, iron, manganese, copper, omega-3 fatty acid, and vitamin B12. Seaweeds are also known to minimize the risk of heart diseases and lifestyle-related diseases, such as diabetes, thyroid, and obesity, promote gut health, and reduce blood cholesterol levels. Consequently, seaweeds find applications in numerous commercial applications in theagriculture, animal feed, nutraceuticals, and pharmaceutical industries.
Global Commercial Seaweeds Market Trends:
The global commercial seaweeds market is primarily driven by the increasing health consciousness among consumers who are incorporating seaweed in their daily diet. The market is also fueled by the increasing application of commercial seaweeds in diverse industries. They are used to manufacture various personal care products such as creams, moisturizers and face packs. In the food and beverage (F&B) industry, seaweed extract is employed as a thickening and gelling agent to prepare various foods and snacks. Besides this, seaweeds act as a soil conditioner and can be applied directly or watered around the root areas due to their high fiber content. Moreover, the rising investments in the production of animal feed and natural fertilizers from seaweeds, along with the increasing environmental concerns and stringent fuel and emission standards implemented by governments of various countries, are escalating the demand for commercial seaweeds. Looking forward, the market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 9.66% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into brown, red, and green seaweeds.
- On the basis of the form, the market has been classified into liquid, powdered, and flakes.
- The market has been categorized based on the application into agriculture, animal feed, human consumption, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Acadian Seaplants Limited, Algaia SA (Maabarot Products Limited), Biostadt India Limited, Brandt Consolidated Inc., Cargill Incorporated, COMPO Expert GmbH, CP Kelco U.S. Inc. (J.M. Huber Corporation), DuPont de Nemours Inc., Gelymar S.A., Indigrow Limited, Lonza Group AG, Seasol International, and TBK Manufacturing Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Form, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Acadian Seaplants Limited, Algaia SA (Maabarot Products Ltd.), Biostadt India Limited, BrandT Consolidated Inc., Cargill Incorporated, COMPO Expert GmbH, CP Kelco U.S. Inc (J.M. Huber Corporation), DuPont de Nemours Inc., Gelymar S.A., Indigrow Ltd., Lonza Group AG, Seasol International Pty. Ltd., and TBK Manufacturing Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800