According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Computer on Module Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global computer on module market size reached US$ 1.5 Billion in 2022. Also known as the system on module, computer on module (CoM) refers to a development board with a cooler, chipset, memory, heat sink, secure boot, computer processor and peripherals designed into a component module. It acts as an alternative to single board computers for embedded systems and offers a more flexible and contoured solution. It is designed for plugging into a carrier or baseboard and is usually a small processor module with a CPU and standard I/O capability. CoM helps system designers to realize a fully customized electronics assembly, complete with custom interfaces and form factors without the effort of ground-up electronics design.
Global Computer on Module Market Trends:
The market is presently experiencing moderate growth on account of the rising automation in different industries. Apart from this, the increasing adoption of miniaturized devices is positively influencing the sales of CoM systems. For example, they are mainly utilized in drones or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), which are compact and can be navigated autonomously. These systems also help in faster product development and offer improved reliability, longevity and interconnectivity with other devices. Furthermore, the rising demand for fast product development, longevity, reliability of COMs, and its capability of multichannel retailing are some of the factors fueling the growth of the market. Moreover, increasing digitization, along with the rising utilization of CoMs for robotics, artificial intelligence, smart electronics, wireless connectivity and other electronic systems, is anticipated to drive the market in the upcoming years. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 2.0 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the architecture type, the market has been segmented into advanced RISC machines (ARM), x86, power and other architecture.
- On the basis of the standard, the market has been segregated into COM express, smart mobile architecture (SMARC), Qseven, embedded technology extended (ETX) and others.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the application into industrial automation, medical, transportation, gaming, communication and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being AAEON Technology Inc., Advantech Co. Ltd., Axiomtek Co. Ltd., congatec AG, Digi International Inc., iWave Systems Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Kontron S&T AG (S&T AG), PHYTEC Embedded Pvt. Ltd., TechNexion Ltd., Toradex Systems (India) Pvt. Ltd. and Variscite.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Architecture Type, Standard, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AAEON Technology Inc., Advantech Co. Ltd., Axiomtek Co. Ltd., congatec AG, Digi International Inc., iWave Systems Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Kontron S&T AG (S&T AG), PHYTEC Embedded Pvt. Ltd., TechNexion, Toradex Systems (India) Pvt. Ltd. and Variscite
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800