The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Concrete Superplasticizer Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025”, finds that the global concrete superplasticizer market size reached US$ 4.3 Billion in 2019. Superplasticizers are water-soluble polymers that are added to concrete for slowing down the setting rate of concrete. They are available in liquid as well as powder forms and can be derived from both natural and synthetic sources. Also known as high-range water reducers, they are used to lower the water content and improve the strength of the concrete. Widely used to transform stiff and low-slump concrete into flowing cement, they enhance the suspension flow efficiency by decreasing the aggregation of the particulates while maintaining high workability. Apart from this, the use of superplasticizers in the construction sector aids in speed finishing, conserving cement, and reducing shrinkage and thermal cracking.
Global Concrete Superplasticizer Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by significant growth in the construction industry on the global level. Population explosion, rapid urbanization and inflating disposable income levels have led to the increasing demand for residential spaces, which is further facilitated by increasing migration from rural to urban areas, owing to better employment opportunities. Superplasticizers are widely used for construction purposes as they improve the overall function of the concrete mixture while increasing the compressive strength, thereby propelling their demand globally. Modernization and mechanization in the construction sector have further aided the market growth. In line with this, the growing number of construction activities across developing economies in the commercial and residential segments are also driving the demand for concrete superplasticizers. Considerable growth in the tourism industry, along with several government initiatives to upgrade the existing infrastructure, is also expected to provide a thrust to the market growth. Furthermore, numerous manufacturers are investing in research and development (R&D) activities for introducing efficient product variants in the market. For instance, the launch of polycarboxylate ether-based superplasticizers, which are widely gaining preference among the end users, is creating a positive outlook for the market. These superplasticizers offer enhanced workability at low water to cement ratios while improving the durability and flowability of the concrete. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is projected to reach a value of US$ 5.7 Billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 4.8% during 2020-2025.
- Based on the form, the market has been bifurcated into liquid and powder, wherein liquids represent the largest market segment.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been categorized into sulfonated naphthalene formaldehyde (SNF), sulfonated melamine formaldehyde (SMF), modified lignosulfonate (MLS), and polycarboxylic acid (PC). Among these, SNF represents the most preferred product type.
- Based on the application, ready-mix concrete accounts for the majority of the total market share. Other segments are precast concrete, high-performance concrete, shotcrete and others.
- On the geographical front, Asia Pacific holds the leading position in the market. Some of the other major regions include Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Arkema, BASF SE, Kao Group, Sika AG, W. R. Grace & Co., Enaspol a. s., Mapei S.p.A.., Muhu (China) Construction Materials Co., Ltd. and Sure Chemicals.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal