According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Conductive Textiles Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global conductive textiles market size reached US$ 1.7 Billion in 2021. Conductive textiles refer to electrically conductive fabrics that reduce static and offer electromagnetic (EM) shielding. They are produced using conductive fibers, coating non-conductive textiles with conductive layers, and various metals, such as gold, silver, titanium, and nickel. E-textiles, anti-static, functional coatings, and EM-shielding are some commonly used conductive textiles. They are widely used for safety, homeland security, healthcare, entertainment, computation, thermal purposes, protective clothing, wearable electronics, and fashion. Conductive textiles are lightweight, flexible, elastic, and durable products that provide heat insulation, enhance comfort, and prevent electrical shocks. They also assist in avoiding charge accumulation in humans, prevent skin burns from incendiary discharge, and protect the body from potentially hazardous EM radiations.
Conductive Textiles Market Trends:
The rapid military modernization, coupled with increasing defense spending, are among the key factors driving the market growth. Conductive textiles are widely used to protect soldiers from extreme weather conditions and provide sweat management. In line with this, the rising product utilization in military parachutes, safety harnesses, ropes, and tenting gears is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the widespread product utilization in the healthcare industry to enhance patient comfort, promote faster-wound healing, ensure a hygienic environment, and assist physicians in monitoring patients’ conditions, as they can acquire, detect, and transmit physiological signals, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Apart from this, the introduction of highly conductive and eco-friendly graphene-based ink to develop flexible wearable heaters and strain sensors, and provide a platform for integrated electronic devices, is positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, the increasing product adoption in the consumer electronics industry to develop small, thin, and reliable products, such as smartwatches, augmented reality (AR) headsets, multimedia players, and smart goggles, is propelling the market growth. Other factors, including the rising geriatric population, increasing prevalence of lifestyle diseases, and widespread product utilization in sports and fitness to monitor sleep, calorie intake, and heart rate, are anticipated to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 4.1 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 15.93% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the fabric, the market has been divided into cotton, nylon, polyester, and others.
- Based on the product, the market has been classified into woven, non-woven, and knitted textiles.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into military and defense, healthcare, sports and fitness, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being 3M Company, Bekaert S.A., Herculite Inc., Kinetic Polymers, Seiren Co Ltd., Statex Produktions- und Vertriebs GmbH, Swicofil AG, TIBTECH Innovations, Toray Industries Inc. and UBE Industries Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800