The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Construction Glass Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, finds that the global construction glass market size reached US$ 96.87 Billion by 2021. Construction glass refers to a translucent material used to coat windows, glass doors, and transparent walls. It has various properties, such as thermal insulation, waterproofing, and energy conservation. Some of the most commonly used construction glasses are sheet, float, laminated, shatterproof, toughened glass, wired, and tinted. In recent years, construction glass has gained traction due to its lightweight, cost-effectiveness, high strength, and environment-friendliness, and water, chemical and electricity resistance. As a result, construction glass is extensively adopted as a sustainable alternative to conventional building materials, such as wood, bricks, and polycarbonate (PC).
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Construction Glass Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the increasing construction activities across residential, commercial, and industrial sectors. Additionally, the growing construction industry and the widespread adoption of construction glass to increase the influx of natural light in buildings, reduce carbon emissions, and enhance the aesthetic appeal of buildings are positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, the escalating demand for sustainable construction is bolstering the market growth. Due to this, governments of numerous nations are taking various initiatives to minimize greenhouse emissions and promote green construction, thus creating lucrative opportunities for key players. Furthermore, the extensive investments in research and development (R&D) activities by key players for the renovation of existing infrastructure, expansion of consumer base, improving their product portfolio, and gaining a competitive edge in the market are driving the market growth. Other major growth-inducing factors include advancements in the glass industry, shifting consumer preferences toward better interiors, numerous properties of construction glass, including recyclability and re-useability, energy-efficient temperature management, rapid urbanization and industrialization, and expanding disposable income levels amongst the masses. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 142.15 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 6.30% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product type, the market has been bifurcated into special glass (flat, laminated, toughened and other glasses) and low-e glass (hard- and soft- coat low-e glasses).
- On the basis of the chemical composition, the market has been segmented into soda-lime, potash-lime, and potash-lead.
- Based on the manufacturing process, the market has been divided into float process and rolled/sheet process.
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into non-residential and residential.
- Region-wide, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the ley players being AGC Inc., Central Glass Co. Ltd., Compagnie de Saint-Gobain S.A., Corning Incorporated, CSG Holding Co. Ltd., Guardian Industries (Koch Industries Inc.), Nippon Electric Glass Co. Ltd., PPG Industries Inc., Schott AG, Sisecam, and Xinyi Glass Holdings Limited.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal