According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Consumer Book Publishing Market by Type (Print Book Publishing, Digital Book Publishing), Distribution Channel (Online, Offline), End User (Children, Adults), and Region 2023-2028,” the global consumer book publishing market size reached US$ 68.7 Billion in 2022. Consumer book publishing refers to the process of creating, producing, and distributing books for a general readership. The process involves several stages, including ideation, writing, acquiring manuscripts, editing, proofreading, design and layout, printing, marketing, and distribution. These books can cover different genres, including fiction, non-fiction, poetry, children's literature, memoirs, biographies, and self-help, among others. Consumer book publishing offers economic advantages at all levels of the production chain, including authors, publishers, and other related parties. Many consumer book publishers also offer digital subscriptions, which allow users access to an extensive library of e-books and digital copies of printed books. They also provide audiobooks that can be accessed and heard through various devices, such as smartphones, tablets, and speakers.
Global Consumer Book Publishing Market Trends:
Rapid digital transformation of the publishing sector, increasing demand for e-books, and the development of new digital formats, such as audiobooks, represent some of the prime factors driving the global consumer book publishing market growth. Besides this, the widespread adoption of electronic reading devices and the escalating popularity of subscription-based services that provide readers access to a wide range of e-books through a charge of a monthly or yearly fee are creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, the proliferation of self-publishing platforms that allow authors to directly publish and distributes their books, combined with the rising number of libraries and the growing interest in reading among the masses, are contributing significantly to the growth of the market. In addition to this, the introduction of print-on-demand technology, which enables books to be printed and shipped to customers immediately, along with the advent of three-dimensional (3D) printing, is aiding in market expansion. Concurrent with this, the integration of advanced technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI), cloud computing, virtual reality (VR), and augmented reality (AR), to improve the efficiency of the consumer book publishing process is presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. Furthermore, the incorporation of digital asset management (DAM) systems and content management systems (CMS) to store, organize, and manage multiple digital files involved in the process is impelling the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 73.6 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 1.0% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market is bifurcated into print book publishing and digital book publishing. Currently, print book publishing dominates the market, holding the largest share.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been divided into online and offline. Between these, online accounts for the majority of the global share.
- Based on the end user, the market is categorized into children and adults. Amongst these, adults represent the largest market segment.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa. At present, North America is the biggest market for consumer book publishing.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Bonnier AB, China Publishing Group Co. Ltd., Hachette Book Group (Hachette Livre), HarperCollins Publishers LLC (News Corp), Informa plc, Kadokawa Future Publishing (Kadokawa Corporation), Kodansha Ltd., Penguin Random House LLC (Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA), Phoenix Publishing House, Planeta, etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Print Book Publishing, Digital Book Publishing
|Distribution Channel Covered
|End User Covered
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Bonnier AB, China Publishing Group Co. Ltd., Hachette Book Group (Hachette Livre), HarperCollins Publishers LLC (News Corp), Informa plc, Kadokawa Future Publishing (Kadokawa Corporation), Kodansha Ltd., Penguin Random House LLC (Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA), Phoenix Publishing House, Planeta, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800