The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Contact Lenses Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global contact lenses market reached a value of US$ 8.1 Billion in 2022. Contact lenses are thin, curved films that are worn directly on the cornea to improve vision. These lenses help correct the refractive errors and visual deficiencies, including myopia, hypermetropia, presbyopia, and astigmatism. In addition, contact lenses are considered a safer alternative to eyeglasses they offer a wider field of vision, aiding individuals to see with more clarity. Nowadays, several manufacturers are also launching innovative colored lenses for cosmetic purposes.
Global Contact Lenses Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing adoption of contact lenses to correct multiple vision defects. The rising geriatric population that requires visual aids is also escalating the demand for contact lenses. In addition to this, the growing preference for contact lenses to enhance the aesthetic appearance and eye comfort is propelling the market growth. Furthermore, research and development (R&D) activities in the field of optics and optometry and rapid technological advancements are fueling the market growth. For instance, gas permeable lenses permit more oxygen to pass through the cornea, thus reducing dryness and itching. Furthermore, key manufacturers are developing ultraviolet (UV) inhibiting lenses that aim to protect the eyes from sun rays, prevent the cause of cataracts and other eye problems. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the material, the market has been segmented into gas permeable, silicone hydrogel, hybrid, and others.
- On the basis of the design, the market has been classified into spherical, toric, multifocal, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the usage into daily disposable, disposable, frequently replacement, and traditional.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into corrective, therapeutic, cosmetic, prosthetic, and lifestyle-oriented.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into e-commerce, eye care practitioners, and retail stores.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Alton Vision LLC, Bausch & Lomb Incorporated, Carl Zeiss AG, Contamac Holdings Limited, EssilorLuxottica SA, Hoya Corporation, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Menicon Co. Limited, SEED Co. Limited, SynergEyes Inc., and Cooper Companies Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Material, Design, Usage, Application, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Alton Vision LLC, Bausch & Lomb Incorporated, Carl Zeiss AG, Contamac Holdings Limited, EssilorLuxottica SA, Hoya Corporation, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Menicon Co. Limited, SEED Co. Limited, SynergEyes Inc., and Cooper Companies Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800